Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long term stash

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by brodog, Nov 18, 2011.

1. So I bought a half about a week ago, and I plan on making it last me at least about 2 or 3 months. I only smoke heavily on the weekends, and sometimes I only smoke once or twice a weekend. I want to make sure the stuff I have doesn't go moldy or loose potency. Right now I have it in pill bottles mainly, with some in a small glass jar. I have been opening them outside (it stinks up my entire room to even open them inside) to air them out every couple days, and unpacking them to completely air out about once a week for 5 minutes.

Is this enough to stop any mold that might try and grow? Will it loose any potency? What else could I be doing? Vacuum sealing and freezing aren't options since I still will be using it regularly.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

2. try to find one big glass mason jar to keep it in. you can find them for a dollar at craft stores, hardware stores, maybe even your local target, meijer, or walmart.

every day if you open the jar and move the buds around (make sure there not packed too tight) the bud will further cure and increase in potency.

oh and always store the jar in a cool, dark place

3. I was using a jar at first but I found it too big to hide in my room. Also, the bud is packed kind of tight in. What would that cause