Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long term shoulder pain.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Turbo123, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Hi,My wife has long term shoulder pain and takes loads of prescription drugs but at times still experiences acute pain in her left shoulder.Last night she tried about 1/4 of my weed cup cake,there was about 0.15 grms per cake of good bud..She said she had a great sleep and her shoulder didnt hurt during the night.It was Northern Lights weed.

My wife has had C5,C6 and C7 removed from her spine and a titanium rod inserted to replace them.She still has acute pain in her shoulder,numbness in her arm and pins and needles in her middle finger.

She works in a job where she has to be lucid but the weekend is ok to chill.

Can anybody recommend a strain to help my wifes shoulder pain? I have to say it would be fantastic if i could grow that strain for my wife.Bloody brilliant.

Thanks and have a great Chrimbo.

2. It sounds like Northern Lights worked well for your wife. You should probably try growing that strain, Its supposed to be an easy to grow beginner's strain. What works for one person, doesn't always work for another. Northern Lights, for me, did not work for pain.

As for my experience, the Kush strains work well for me, with Hindu Kush and Violator Kush, being my favorites. Violator Kush is probably the best, but can only be used just before going to bed (I can only stay awake an hour after vaping it).

I also found that ISS(Island Sweet Skunk), and Big Bud, were ok for pain, and l could use it during the day.

Hope this helps some.

3. Thanks for your help,bit more research needed.

4. Harlequin, charlottes web, real blueberry, maybe blue cheese?

Go for indica and high cbd strains

5. #5 Honokiol, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    Get some one to make a 50:50 THC/CBD topical.  As long as it is not built to strong she can rub a finger full around the reconstruction site and get a lot of relief for almost no buzz. It is part of how I avoided a similar surgery.  I'm still pinched between C5/C6.  There is a stenosis on the left side and I have a herniated disc there.

6. #6 Honokiol, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    If you really want to give her a treat take her out and find a high end moisturizing body lotion some thing she really likes the smell of.  Be lavish get something that she will find luxurious don't skimp.  Take it home and mix in a gram of hash oil for every 5 to 10 Oz. of body lotion.  I suggest you buy enough to mix 1:5 but save 1/2 aside and mix 1:10 and see how she likes it that way first.  If it is not strong enough you can turn up the dose.  It is easier and produces a better pain killer to mix the lotion into the hash oil than the other way round.  Start with a glop of the lotion that is about the same size as the wad of hash oil your going to use.  Mix the two together past all sanity, the first 2 mixes will determine how well the hash oil breaks down into the product you bought for her.  If you don't get things fully mixed and soothe here it will be lumpy when your done.  When the two have become one single homogenous product do it again, add a volume of your lotion equal to the hash oil-lotion blob you have and mix until it all looks like one product.  After about the 3 or 4th time the mass will start feeling loose and easy to mix.  From here just dump the rest in and mix till uniform.

At about bed time or in the evening when she is home from work gently rub a finger full or two around the reconstruction site.  Use the least amount that will cover the area.  If it is not strong enough add more hash oil to the mix the next day and try again.  If it works right she will have pain relief in about 5 minutes.  Used regularly daytime pain will seem a little more manageable.  If it does not get her unacceptably high day time use is Ok too.

You can still smoke, vape, or have a browney together what ever when you want to.

P.S.
    A warm shower first will relax the mussels and open up the pores so the medicine can get in better adding to the sense of luxury you are providing her.