Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Long term effects of Marijuana, your personal opinion!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PleasureTrueNow, Sep 25, 2011.

1. So, I have begun reading more studies about the effects of Marijuana. But as you may have noticed, my initial finds were extremely biased against the use. The usual laziness, memory loss and problems, problems learning etc...

What are your personal opinions on Marijuana, particularly to the field of remembering, memory and learning/problem solving?

2. I've been smoking for about 7 years, 4 everyday and I can see a difference in memory. Or maybe not I can't really remember.

3. I've noticed my lungs aren't what they used to be but I guess 3 years of nonstop smoking, smoke isn't meant to be inhaled regardless of how healthy it is. But other than that with a healthy diet I've noticed that the high and how much you enjoy weed goes up. So only a little problems with lungs and maybe some more allergy problems it's definitely worth it.

4. I've been smoking for 3 solid years and i tell you what the long term effects are devastating..im happy all the time now,love eating food,no anxiety and i'm much easier to get along with ;). But honestly the only bad thing i have noticed is that when running i get a bit more fatigued that's about it.

5. I smoked everyday and most of this school year, and I found myself smoking a lot more than I was doing homework, so now I'm on a t-break for a while. Self-control is the only thing I need to work on, but other than that no negative effects

6. When ever i see really really really old hippies, they're either fat as fuck, or skinny as a fucking twig.

Look at wiz khalifa, skinny as fuck

7. Probably memory.. I'm a heavy smoker and I still kick-ass in cross country.

8. I've been smoking for about 6 years; 3 years daily and of course my memory is more than fuzzy. when im working ill do something and see something else that needs to be done and then look for something else and can't believe i stopped doing something right in the middle of doing it lol if that makes sense; however i'm quite sure the cornucopia of other drugs i've used has effected my memory much worse than cannabis has or ever will. just because i smoke everyday doesnt mean im also smoking to get high. sometimes i take a few rips to wake myself up since i have work at 730 6 days a week or in between classes so i can actually try to give a fuck what my comp. teacher talks about(seriously, essays, i get it). I no longer indulge in other substances as often as i used too; a dose of Lucy once a year and the rest of the time its mary jane all day every day. peace. Piper.

9. I think when you just eat or vape the only bad side effect is wanting another hit. I used to smoke everyday and now if I smoke a big hit w/o a carbon filter I get more headache then high

10. #10 chills, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
    Having smoked as long and as much as I have I can honestly say that I believe that it affects your memory but I don't think the affect is permanent.

It hasn't affected my ability to learn. I actually feel like it's helped me as far as critical thinking because it has opened up different ways to think.

Weed certainly can make you lazy but that's only if you allow it to. It just makes you feel so good and content that you don't want to do anything.

11. My long term effects have been almost 100% beneficial.
    Weed has introduced me to a bunch of people. I have multiple dealers, and they are all really chill guys who give me a little extra just because I'm a friendly guy.
    It has also given me a stark confidence boost. Before, I was afraid that every move I made would make people think I'm weird. Now, I don't give a shit, and most of the time, my actions MADE me friends instead.
    Really, its just made me less shy, more sociable, and much happier.

Apparently, if something makes you happy, its the governments job to outlaw it.

12. Judging from my grower-great hair, immortality and a super high IQ:D

In heavy bhang users in India, the lowest rate of Alzheimer's in the world.

13. I have some weird thoughts when I'm not high, it's extremely hard to explain, it's not nessescairly the thought itself but the way I think about it and it lasts about 5 seconds, so weird haha.. but since I've been on my T break I feel completely normal. I've always had pretty shotty memory cus of my concussions

14. Dr., what?

Seems like no matter how much research you do, you'll get the same answer. If its smoking marijuana, then obviously inhaling any smoke isn't good. If its marijuana, maybe in edibles or vape form, then its a different story.

Then also it comes into play whether the person is a continuing user, or has stopped using marijuana. It seems anyone who stops for more than 6 months, becomes "normal" physically and mentally. If you're a continuing user, your lungs obviously never recover like that of a longer break.

15. Happiness...

16. None I have watched mine and many of my other close friends parents smoke their entire life and they are some of the smartest, healthiest, good, happy people I know.

17. No matter what anyone tells me, My memory has gone to complete shit.

18. It's all about moderation. Don't just smoke non-stop because you can. Smoke because every other aspect in your life is healthy. Think of the damages you are doing (smoke inhalation)

So exercise more for better lung capacity, better blood flow, and better blood pressure.

Eat healthy so you don't get into those temptations of "munchies"

Exercise your mind so you can learn and not be susceptible to those memory faults.

19. #19 Deletemyposts, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
    [quote name='"Evilbert"']When ever i see really really really old hippies, they're either fat as fuck, or skinny as a fucking twig.

Look at wiz khalifa, skinny as fuck[/quote]

Wiz khalifa isn't old or a hippie, so I don't see your point. I'm not fat or skinny, just average and I'm a hippie. I'm not really really old though haha.

I've been smoking a g+ daily for about 8 years now. I run 5 miles everyday and I feel better than I've ever been, so I don't really see any bad effects.

Without weed, I have a hard time falling asleep, lack of appetite, and I'm kind of angry for about a 4-5 days, then I'm completely fine.

As long as you eat healthy, exercise your body & mind, and keep your life relatively stress free, you can smoke and feel great for years lol. I smoke about 2g's of top shelf medical everyday and I'm Doing great.

20. I read medical studies on a daily basis, work in education, and always have several art projects going. I do my best writing stoned to the max (I clean up the spelling later).

My co-workers are amazed at my patience with the kids. My last work evaluation was all "4s" and "5s" on a 5 point scale. I was described as a "self-starter" and "cheerful". Most folks like me.

When I smoke, my lungs get a bit "gluppy" and I cough, but if I use a vaporizer- no probs!

Granny