[long read] yesterday was one of the best days of my life

Discussion in 'General' started by Ferdi, Nov 6, 2009.

1. if not the best day of my life! im planning on going back to düsseldorf, the city i was in (1 hour by train from where i live), and getting a tattoo so that i NEVER forget how great it was :D the reason im posting it here is that i want to spread this good feeling and if it works even for 1 person, im more than happy.
    I went to Düsseldorf to see a concert. Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke and Lenny White. When i bought the ticket 3 months ago, i had had a lot of money and didnt know how fast i was going through it. Im glad i bought it then because i wouldve never bought such an expensive ticket for a concert (€87) now but then, money wasnt a problem and i could see that it was worth it.
    My ticket was a 3rd row ticket, the hall was pretty small and the equipment were crammed together. that meant i was 5 metres away from people who had influenced my life massively. One of the reasons i ever started listening to jazz was Chick Corea and one of the reasons i picked up the bass was Stanley Clarke. So when they got on stage... i cant even begin to explain the rush i got. Ive only been to a few concerts in my life, btw. This was something HUGE for me since in my homeland, we RARELY have concerts and when we do, its never someone im a fan of.
    Back to the concert.... i didnt get high before the concert although i wanted to. But it wasnt necessary. The music got me high. the way they played was unbelievable. ive seen good players and ive heard great players on cd. But being there, sitting only a few metres away from them, was something i never imagined being possible. It was like that perfect moment in a song, where one thinks "holy crap, that was genius" (i hope u know what i mean), but the thing lasted 2 and a half hours, not just a moment. Ive been a musician for 10 years and i never EVER thought music could reach such a state. It was on a spiritual level, not just notes being played.

cheers, GC! and much love

p.s im pretty high right now, and i have a tendency to sound stupid when high. so if this was too long/pointless/both, i aplogize ;)

2. Lenny White is one of the tightest drummers out there, man.

I do wish I could see Chick in the "Now He Sings, Now He Sobs" days with Miroslav Vitous and Roy Haynes.

3. i hear you, man! Lenny White is definitely one of the greatest.
    to be honest, ive never heard this album from Chick Corea before. What is it like?

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-siRG5Uv9A]YouTube - Chick Corea  Matrix[/ame]

5. thanks! haha yeah i figured id look on youtube! im listening right now to Windows. Great stuff!