Long And Lanky

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ronaldinho, May 22, 2013.

1. Hello,
    Im using word of seeds afghan kush x skunk fem.. i only had one,, i germinated about three weeks ago and since their is no way i can grow indoor because of lighting,, i waited till it poped out and put it in a safe spot near my place where it gets alot of sun light.
    Since i started early the temps were not always consistant and now at three weeks my plants stem is real long like  4-5 inches and is hard to keep up with some support like a stick..

Any suggustions ? the top of her look great but i just have a long stem.

2. transplant to bigger pot and bury the stem

3. its not getting enough sun

4. sounds like not enough sun. you need a min of 5 hours of direct sun.

5. Thanks for the replies,, yeah the weather here is so wacky.. somedays we get alot of sun then next week its cold overcast.. but looks like after today it will be more sunny..

It would be nice to have my own lighting durning this early stage but i have to get my light from out side...:~/

wish me luck!

All the best,

6. It's pretty common for seedlings to reach what I consider their awkward teenage phase where they still have too thin of stems to support the rapid new growth up top. My plants that do this always gain their footing within a few days it seems. I wouldn't worry too much, and just do your best to take care of her. Sun, soil, and water and she should be happy at this age.