Lol WTF is this?!

Discussion in 'General' started by bigdankkush, Mar 18, 2013.

1. So I'm watching a Scooby doo movie they're like real ppl.. And shaggy meets a girl who's eating Scooby snacks... And her name is Mary Jane! And he says "like zoinks, that's my favorite name!" Related to weed or coincidence?

2. There's no way it's a coincidence, I noticed that too last time I watched it. I'm sure at some point Shaggy says "I love you Mary Jane" and he has a really stoned look on his face.

3. Haha damn. Also Scooby and shaggy were in the van and they got out kinda sketchy and something was smoking in there like a BBQ... And they opened the door to someone and smoke was flying out the back lol and they had mad food in their hands

4. Yeah I watched that film about 500 times when I was a kid and never realised until I watched it with my little sister recently. Also Mary Jane is eating fucking dog food, munchies much?

5. lol they did that on purpose

6. Haha yeah this movie is crazy when high...

Scooby just got a call from a random person saying "I got a bag of uhh....... Hamburgers here" lol

7. Shaggy is the best cartoon character in the history of television.

8. Scooby doo was not intended to be a kids show when it first came out. Shaggy and scooby are stoners. That's why they're also eating. And the mystery machine is a hippie van.

9. You think this shits a joke?Scooby is into some hardcore stuff

10. ohh yeah TOTAL coincidence.......

11. I was one of those children that had a crush on Shaggy and Velma.
    Loved the idea of hanging out with my dog all day.
    Even enjoyed the idea of solving mysteries.

ForumRunner_20130317_234623.png
    So no, it's a kid's show about the simplicity life can be.
    Just promoting the use not the propaganda.
    :D

12. i wonder if shaggy ever hit that

13. Myth No. 3: The granddaddy of all Scooby-Doo rumors is that Shaggy and Scooby represent stoners, which is why they constantly have the munchies while driving around in a flower-power van. According to the rumor, this was a deliberate in-joke by the animators that flew over the heads of the network brass.

Verdict: False. Widespread, but still false. Dozens of arguments could be offered as to why no self-respecting middle-aged Hanna-Barbera artist or writer in 1969 would even think of jeopardizing the success of the show with such a joke, but the easiest refutation is to go to the source. "It's not true," Takamoto said. "The creative team never brought that into play in our thinking about this show. It wasn't until much later that this sort of rumor began to surface." Besides, Takamoto added, one of the key creative players in the development of Scooby-Doo was a network executive, which means that Silverman would have had to have been in on the joke himself or uncharacteristically unaware.

Source:http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/how-scooby-works4.htm

Sorry to burst your bubble bro

14. Chem trails man. Chem trails.

15. But doesn't that just prove when the show actually did begin, that wasn't their intent. If it stopped with just the show, I'd understand that argument.

The development might not have started with a marijuana foundation, but knowing how it's not just one view when something turns to film, there's now many opinions into one.

Trust me, the myth is true. Underlying fact is someone when creating the (I'll roughly guess) 90's-now version of Scoobs has a part of making evidence that it's true.
    Maybe it's the small things, but it adds up.

16. Scooby "dooby" doo

17. yea, all kids shows have secret messages in them, if shaggy not blowing dro, then I dont know who is haha

18. Haha! Nice catch! Scooby blow more than snoop dog