Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Locked safe in the trunk?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TMA, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but..

Let's say you were going to be driving with a little on you, and you were to put it in a small locked safe in your locked trunk. If you were to be pulled over and asked to give consent to search, refuse, and through some way (legal or not) he manages to concoct some excuse to search and inquires about the safe, can he get into that?

Now what if you were to tell the cop that you don't have the key on you, or if it's
    a combination lock, that you don't know the combo? I mean realistically, if the officer wanted to look in the safe and you don't (according to you) have the key what can they really do, saw the damn thing open? It'd be believable enough to simply say you've had it for years in the car and the key is lost somewhere at home, or it's a relatives who has the key or whatever.

I guess there just has to be a way around this though because it just seems too easy. Even if they brought a drug dog, so long as you were to maybe even bury the safe in some "back of your trunk" stuff (random clothes, blankets, auto care supplies) and only kept weed in the safe for short trips here and there, I imagine the dog would have a tough time catching it while outside of the car (if the cop hasn't gotten a reasonable reason to search), although I could be wrong. But then like I said earlier, even if the dog alerted and the cop got access to the trunk you still have a locked safe to get past.

Any thoughts? I've been thinking about this for a couple days now and had to see what some of you thought.

2. well first... he cant get into your trunk if its locked, unless you got an SUV... know your rights

3. If the cop already has probably cause to search your trunk, what do you think he's going to think when he finds a locked safe in your trunk? It's not exactly a common thing to have in a trunk. So not only do you have his original suspicion that you've got some kind of contraband, but now he's thinking you've got more than you do.

What they'll likely do from here is tow your car, inventory what's in your car, including your locked safe. It probably won't be opened until they have a warrant, but it isn't that hard to obtain a warrant. Personally I think you would be better off just hiding the stuff really well.

4. just hide it really well in the trunk and you'll be fine... unless if finds some papers or a piece, which then he'll look harder.

5. cops need warrants for anything thats locked

6. Yeah that's the one thing I thought as well - If he was truly determined he could tow the car and eventually get into it.

Anyways, I'm not THAT worried about getting searched as I'm a pretty careful driver, especially with something in the car, pretty "clean cut" looking, etc. But it's good to have as many lines of defense as possible y'know? Haha.

And in response to him not being able to get into the trunk without consent, I'm saying at this point if they were to bring a dog out. But I guess if a dog alerted on my trunk I'd be fucked regardless.

7. if your glovebox has a lock thats just as good

I still wouldn't trust anyway of hiding it in a car. Certain Cops don't give a shit about your rights since it's there word of yours and Some are very good with words and can talk you into doing things you were hell-bent on not being convinced into

I just never keep to much on me unless it's a very short distance like to the dealer and back. UPM's aren't that big of a deal IMO

8. Right. I'm a pretty paranoid person so I very rarely drive with any, and hardly ever. Generally just if I'm going to a party or something at a friends.

And sorry, but what is a UPM? Haha.

9. Unlawful possession of marijuana