Living in an era

Discussion in 'General' started by OwlInABarn, Oct 17, 2012.

1. So if you could choose to live in any time period in any civilization that has happened so far up to and including present day (no future!) when would you choose? And what would you do?

Personally I would love to have lived during, and served in the Magellan Expedition or a similar life in that period of time. I can't imagine how mindblowing it would be to discover absolutely unknown lands. (Unknown only to the explorers of course)

2. The fucking prohibition era. I like to think that I'd go back in time and be some famous goon like Capone or Machine Gun Kelly. I'd be smuggling alcohol, smoking herb, fucking bitches, blasting cops, etc.

3. Hard to say.

I would love to go back to the ancient era and unify Asia as a complete powerhouse.

I'd also help genghis khan fulfill his wish and obliterate all of Europe.

Prevent settlers from taking the natives land in north America as well.

Suddenly you cease to exist.

4. The wild west era I guess. If thats even a real thing? Go mob around on my horse, with a fucking revolver and shit. Idk I imagine it would be like Red Dead: Redemption. I would probably just get smallpox and die tho....

5. Born too late to explore the earth...

...Born too early to explore space

6. From that perspective we live in a shitty time.

7. [​IMG]

8. you could be a famous goon with another substance under prohibition.. lol :smoking:

9. At least the weeds dank. :smoke:
    Oh wait, I'm on probation. Well back to being depressed.

10. I'd like to go back to the Roman era, at the peak of the roman empires power.

Just to see the culture, the knowledge, the science they possess.

11. I don't know, it's just not the same man. Nowadays if you go around smuggling illegal substances and killing cops you're a "psychopath" as opposed to being looked at like a boss.

12. a lot harder to be a famous goon these days when you have massive FBI and DEA operations on your ass. Still possible to be a big gangster, or a drug kingpin. But not like Capone was, out in the open, flaunting it. Capone just had to deal with the Treasury department lol

13. cave man times think about making fire and shit you be like DAMN THAT SHIT IS HOT!

and you would have to hunt dinosaurs that would be fuckin rad

14. you keep enough distance, your fine. Theres plenty of known high ranking people living "normal" day to day lifes

15. Go back in time and show people new growing techniques, then come back to present day and see what the weeds like. :smoking:

16. I want to live in a time and place where I can see Queen perform live. <3 Freddie Mercury RIP.

17. Give me one. Give me one name of a non white collar criminal.
    Give me one name of a large scale gangster or drug king pin that's living in a 1st world and not some 3rd world back water country.

At the peak of his power, Capone was all over the fronts of newspapers, blatantly did interviews with journalists, etc. The average citizen in the country knew of Al Capone by name, and knew what he was up to while he was still able to operate and function for some time.

The last well known gangster that was able to operate in America while under government scrutiny and be all over the fronts of new papers and still function as a crime boss was probably John Gotti.

18. The 70's! Cannabis all around! Hahaha

Signature

19. Fucking KNOWLEDGE.