Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Living in a daze

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by higherfire, Sep 25, 2013.

1. My other thread got removed, figure it had something to do with unmentionables... so ill post a new one just to see if anyone else has some advice.

I quit smoking 24 days ago due to an extreme anxiety/panic attack while being high. The thing is I smoked chronically for 4 years.. basically everyday 4 - 15 times a day. Even got heavy into dabbing, maybe like 10x a day. But when i stopped smoking i noticed I was still feeling high and in a dazed dream like state. I originally thought it could have been Depersonalization and Derealization. Today is 24 days later and I still feel the same way, I was wondering if anyone else has felt like this after quitting smoking. I may have noticed it the past year or so when id wake up, id feel slightly high but just smoked shortly after and it masked the feeling with the real high.

I exercise daily, eat healthy, try and sleep 8 hrs a night, take a surplus of vitamins all trying to stop this weird feeling. I've seen a doctor, had a brain MRI which came back healthy. My vision seems to be the main indicator, but i still have 20/20 vision (I've taken tests). It seems like maybe my brain is perceiving vision differently? or I have brain fog. Whatever it is I'm interesting in hearing others opinions on how to make it stop, or similar stories. 

I know there are natural THC receptors in your brain, is it possible i flooded/damaged them with the chronic use? That my body is still producing THC after i quit because that's what its use too?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

2. I've felt like this before, but only for 2-3 days after stopping.

3. Yeah i have read some people feel it for different lengths, its just starting to bother me now because its been over 3 weeks. Im getting worried that it may be permanent or some kind of psychosis my next step after a little more waiting is probably too see a Neurologist than a psychologist.

4. #4 Alentic, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    I'm pretty familiar with DP/DR., I've gone through intense periods of it in high school from depression (before I started smoking). I know what you're going through, and it's not fun. It's kinda scary, feeling so disconnected from everything. Basically, what's happening is that your brain is on auto-pilot. You're just flying through the motions of everyday life, focusing on the future and other things, and it's making you less aware of what's happening around you. There are a variety of reasons for this to happen, so it's hard to say exactly why you're feeling this.

Look into, or even take a class in, mindfulness meditation. I used to think it was some type of vodoo that made you feel more relaxed, but not anymore. Meditation isn't just relaxation. You sit still and try to focus on the present, taking things in one moment at a time. It's like a mental workout for the the parts of your brain that help you feel connected to reality. After a month of "practicing" (that's what they call it) for 15-30 minutes a day, I felt more aware of everything. Like I was actually a part of what was going on.

The only downside for me is that weed makes meditating a lot less effective. However, I find that THC and CBD compensate for some of the advantages the practice gave me, so it all evens out :)

edit: Oh, and it also helps you deal with stress! The class I took was intended for people with depression and high levels of stress.

5. Fuck yes

I had depersonalization for a while. I quit smoking bud, still nothing. I began meditating and that definately helped

You said that there were some unmentionables. I think it is assumed to stay away from those completely. Ideally, no drugs, no alc and no coffee. If you start meditating, it should solve itself within a month

6. This sounds similar to HPPD. Google it, it is hallucinogen persisting perception disorder. I have a dissociative disorder where the distances of objects are distorted and it really feels like I'm in a haze of some fucked up video game or something. It doesn't feel like real life but I know it is and I just want the change in perception to go away because it's more or less uncomfortable. Best of luck to you man!

7. interesting, its almost enough to make me consider a t-break.

8. Try taking Omega 3.

9. 5-htp helps out a lot too.

Hey, you sound sort of like me. Chronic toker for medicinal use and sometimes I start feeling like that. I first thought it was the toking, but am beginning to think it has to do with my mood/how I am feeling more than it has to do with smoking. When I'm in a lot of pain or just feeling depressed, down, not so great for a couple of days is when I might start to feel like this. On the flip hand, when I'm feeling extra great and am sober I start to feel like I'm high, but then I wonder if it's because I'm so used to toking up feeling I don't "remember" what it feels like to no be hgih?  Anyone else?

11. @[member="Alentic"] Thanks for the feed back, do my symptoms seem to point to DP/DR. A friend of mine asked a psych teacher about it and they said it was rare and that outer body experiances, and lose of time ranging up to a week were "symptoms". I have none of those, but more living in a daze, feeling disconnected and out of it. I have been "sober" for 26 days now but I do not feel sober at all. Also do you think I will ever be able to smoke again, or should i just never try it?

@[member="topdog82"] I will never try and unmentionable again haha just hoping i can one day return to smoking. But that may or may not have caused it. You said meditation helped? Have you returned to smoking after recovering from your DP. I was an avid smoker, I do not know if my chronic use is what pushed me into this stage, if it was the unmentionable, or if it was just the extreme panic attack that triggered it.

@[member="CO80525"] I know the basics about HPPD and REALLLLY hope that is not what I am going through, since that seems to be a more permanent illness. The thing is I am not hallucinating or anything I just feel Dazed, my vision feels distorted but nothing is moving like it would if i had taken an unmentionable. Im curious to what part of my symptoms point you more toward HPPD and not a dissociative disorder like you have?

@[member="5cooooob"] Everyday the thought runs through my head, "Is this just what sober feels like and I have forgotten? Is this why i feel so out of it?" I just refuse to believe that what i feel is sober, i feel High like and just can't imagine everybody feels how i do. In the beginning i had extreme panic attacks and anxiety due to whatever is going on with me. I seem to be controlling the anxiety and panic attack better but the main part that caused those same attacks (Vision distortion, daze, brain fog) is still there, everyday, 24/7.

Thank you everyone for your input 

12. For me it was a handful of unmentionables as well depression and smoking heavy weed. Some people smoke and go psychotic. Others get depressed. Others become successful businessmen. Everyone is different. But anyways, I still use weed. I vape weed 3-7 nights a week. It is something I do occassionally. It is no longer a "lifestyle". Remember that all aspects of health are connected. It is important to focus on your health so that clairty will follow.

I am speaking from the heart here. Just rotate every hour of the day around your personal health. Eat three healthy meals a day. Sleep at 10, wakeup at 8 if possible. Dont get stressed. Dont smoke. Meditate 20 minutes twice a day. Excercis. This is the reigment I followed everyday for months. Eventually, my body cleared itself up. I began to pickup smoking and didnt like it as much. I realized vaping was much more satisfying. Clearer, shorter high. More uplifting. Less dissassociating. Less money wasted

13. @[member="topdog82"] Alright thanks i'll definitely start following the regime. I already own a vape so when i do decide to try it again, probably not for a while, or at least until im clear headed for a few weeks ill stick to vaping. I have always noticed the cleaner high feeling from vapes. Just hoping this weird state im in is fixable and will dissipate.

14. Are you thinking the same ways you would if you were high?
    I had this serious psychosis after i was dosed on some unmentionable. I couldn't smoke weed for over a year, as it would bring back the paranoid, anxious, psychotic thoughts and feelings.
    I learned to control and handle these thoughts. 
    Your situation seems a little different, like weed spun you out? That's really interesting.
    Like others have mentioned, stay away from the psychedelics, probably stimulants too.
    You seem to be following all possible routes to be physically healthy.
    Could this be mental? Underlying issues?
    Sure as hell led to my psychosis.

To push past it, I would smoke, and get panic attacks and anxious. But instead of worrying about what was going on wrong, I would take this time being high to figure out how to control the thoughts and "foggyness" so it would no longer be a problem. Even thought it took over 8 months, I'm back to being the daily toker I was before i was dosed.

15. i quit smokin this past month and i feel the same way. some days i almost feel like im on drugs cus i feel so dazed

16. I think it's because when you are high, everything is amplified. You get used to everything being "normal +10" and then when you stop you realize that normal+10 has been your default baseline now for so long that life without weed is like "normal -10" and absolutely everything sucks just a little.
    Does that even make sense to anyone but me? Haha!

17. @[member="Iceman2damax"] It could have been an unmentionable, because 2 days before I had the anxiety attack while smoking weed, i dosed on an unmentionable. But i feel like I do think the same way i was when i was high all the time. I was so used to being high that i don't think smoking really changed my thoughts or much about me, besides putting me in a better mood and getting less agitated over things

Are you saying the way you got over the psychosis, which is what i think i have developed (just not sure which kind), was by smoking weed and focusing while you were high?

@[member="GrassISgood"] This is exactly how i feel, except its basically everyday i feel "high" even though i don't take any substances including alcohol, coffee, energy drinks etc

@[member="Mister Meaner"] Yes that makes a lot of sense, i just feel that if it was just that -10 theory, i wouldnt feel high all the time. Definitely depressed but not actually out of it in a daze

Thanks for the input everyone, its really comforting to hear some get over their psychosis