Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Live Resin ???

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Deleted member 1153948, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Ok, I've been doing a little research on vaporizers and come to find out there are vapes for live resin and oils besides the dry vapes that I think are in a different category-that's another post. But what is the difference between live resin vapes and the concentrated oils vapes? Do they have to work on two different systems or temperatures? It's very confusing. Jeeze! I feel like I'm a first time toker all over again, just learning the ropes. But this time, I'm 60 instead of 16. My mom always said that hind-sight is better than fore-sight. So, I don't want to make any mistakes picking out a few vaporizers that I don't mind spending a little extra on if they will last me years instead of months.

2. Both types of oil (live resin and distillate) can be in the same type of hardware. The most typical is a 510 thread cartridge and when someone references a "cart" that's usually what they mean. Other types of hardware exist too like pod systems with the stiiizy.

As per the difference between live resin and distillate I'll drop an article but basically distilate focuses more on just getting THC and live res preserves more terpenes (flavor) and other cannabinoids as well and uses a less refined extration process. https://thebloombrands.com/2021/08/10/live-resin-vs-distillate/

99% of people agree live resin is better but distillate usually will have higher THC numbers which can throw off some people because many put too much weight on that alone even though it doesn't necessarily mean it will make u more high

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you. I will have to check that out. Sounds like live resin would be a better buy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Np man, one thing I forgot to add is distillate is typically cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I never got into vape carts, but not long ago I picked up a dr. dabber switch. It's an electronic rig for dabbing live resin and other concentrates. I'd recommend vaping herb and dabbing concentrates over vape carts if you are at home, and just using carts for on the go use.

Live resin is usually $10/g here post tax, so pretty affordable. Using pure distillate eliminates half the fun of smoking, which is smell and flavor, though you can buy terpenes and mix them with distillate for dabbing or making your own carts on a budget.

6. Make your own 20220906_141458 (1).jpg 20220906_141616.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. You are the greatest man in the world. :GettingStoned:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Live resin cartridges are more flavorful and contain more natural terpenes than CO2 cartridges, which basketball stars are also very effective and economical.

9. WTF with the basketball stars ?LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I would if I could but I live in Indiana and the lawmakers here are jerks and won't pass medical cannabis laws. I have to use D8 for my arthritis pain and Can only use vape cart in my room, at night, after everyone has gone to sleep. I'm a closet toker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. A ...... Be a outlaw grow your own or buy black market;
    B........ go to a legal state buy a pound or two and bring it back.
    A&B only work if you keep your mouth shut, and your smart. your not dealer so don't become one.
    C......... Move to a legal state .
    D......... Ready for this ? Go out of state every ten days buy what ever amount of weed you want or can afford.
    Buy the Volcano Vaporizer Bag up how ever many bags of vaporized weed you think you will smoke in 7 days.
    do this out of your state, the bags with hold the vaped weed for about 7 days.
    IF YOU GET BUSTED the bags will go empty on their own in 10 to 14 days max.
    There is zero evidence after two weeks or by the court date, no weight. just a empty bags .

I like option C

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Live resin also taste better, much more the taste of the fresh plant

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I made some live bubble hash.
    Over the top delicious!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I like option C too. But $736 a month in disability doesn't go very far on rent, utilities, food, and cannabis. I remember when a 1 bedroom apartment was $150 a month back in the early 1980s. Now it's $500 and up. Then you have to fight with the landlord on smoking in/on the property. Last apartment my daughter rented, they didn't even want you smoking on the property. But my son-in-law would go outside and smoke a cigar. And he doesn't want me to go across state line to get a 300mg disposable that would last me a month. And he was a cocaine dealer/addict when he lived in San Diego. Go figure! I would rather have the whole flower than vapes, edibles, etc. I'm old school.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. What state are you in ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Very Red state. I found out today why some of the Republicans here fight legalization. Eli Lilly's headquarters are located in Indianapolis. I know my blood pressure is up today because this crap is pissing me off. The more I dig into this mess the more it pisses me off.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ya you seem a little frustrated brother. Only reason I asked is because I travel with 5thwheel and boat when the weather conditions allow me. My though was you might be in one of the states i plan on going to i would drop you off a care package.
    I am heading to the northwestern states mainly SW Wyoming

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. I hate you. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Thank you for the offer, but I'm too far out of the way. Plus Indiana has a "association law." If I get busted they can take me to jail, and my daughter, and her husband, and their minor daughter goes into foster care. They don't want me to risk that so as long as it is illegal, I'm not allowed to have cannabis in any form until it is legal federally. I will be dead by then. But yet, my daughters keep pushing me to get on prescription medication. Medication that comes with side effects. The only side effect I get is cotton mouth and the munchies. But if I go overboard, I get the dry heaves. That is fun. But I haven't O.D. and died on cannabis...ever. That sounds safer than those meds they want me to get on. And when Big Pharma companies develop a new medication, they are suppose to test it out before releasing it to be approved by the FDA. They only test it on like 300 to 500 people and push it out the door without any long term testing. And they love those "off label uses." Prescribing it for something that hasn't been tested on. That's how that nausea medication was given to pregnant women because Hey! Here's a new market. Let's give it to pregnant women to control their morning sickness. And those mothers were giving birth to deformed babies. The drug even had warning labels not to give it to expecting mothers. I think either the U.S. or Europe has banned the medication to be sold in that country. BTW, I'm a Chick!! That's the name Mikey64 gave me. And I told him that I use to raise laying hens the first time he called me that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. look up the Rick Simpson Story ... he went against the man trying to figure out cannabis laws and why everything he did with cannabis oil ( RSO) to help people was considered illegal etc... it did not go well for him, heart attack and stress from trying to bring cannabis into the light ... be careful and even though this is easy to say , do not take it personally . the cannabis laws are set up to benefit just a few selected, chosen people and that is it and to maintain a level of control over the populace . the word Marijuana literally means imprisonment and Tactical assault

• Winner Winner x 2