Live leak: Children Mutilated During Islamic Festival of Ashura (Graphic)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by greenmnster_, Dec 7, 2011.

1. #1 greenmnster_, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    Children Mutilated During Islamic Festival of Ashura (Graphic)

Video from a 2010 Islamic Ashura festival showing the cutting and mutilation of small children. Graphic content viewer discretion advised, especially if your sensitive to blood. Some scenes are very bloody depicting the child's entire head dripping, some scenes include these children screaming and crying, most likely shocked at the amount of blood.

The Day of Ashura (Arabic: عاشوراء‎ ʻĀshūrā’, Ashura, Ashoura, and other spellings; Turkish: Aşure Günü) is on the 10th day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar and marks the climax of the Remembrance of Muharram.

It is commemorated by Muslims as a day of mourning for the martyrdom of Husayn ibn Ali, the grandson of Muhammad at the Battle of Karbala on 10 Muharram in the year 61 AH (October 10, 680 CE).[1] According to Sunni Muslim tradition, Muhammad fasted on this day and asked other people to fast.[2][3] Sunni Muslims also remember the day claiming that Moses fasted on that day to express gratitude to God for liberating the Israelites from Egypt.

In some Shi'ite regions of Muslim countries such as Albania, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Lebanon, and Bahrain, the Commemoration of Husayn ibn Ali has become a national holiday and most ethnic and religious communities participate in it. Even in predominantly Hindu country like India, Ashura (10th day in the month of Muharram) is a public holiday.

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b9f_1323155574]LiveLeak.com - Children Mutilated During Islamic Festival of Ashura (Graphic)[/ame]

2. [​IMG]

Edit: pic is just comic relief, I've seen worse on Pandora but that is still pretty fucked up imo.

3. I suppose it's not much different than circumcision.

4. wait, why do we need religion again?

5. Exactly what I thought lol

6. I don't want to watch that video, can you explain what they did?

7. its pretty messed up, but Ive seen a lot worse

Pretty much to sum it up, they take a knife and cut the top of their head to let it bleed. They show this man holding up his baby to get the top of its head cut open by another man

The part I thought was messed up was when they showed like this 4 year old kid who really got a deep one in his head, his whole face is covered with blood

You should try and watch it though if you can, It is why I posted it, I wanted everyone to see how fucked up their religion is

8. #8 mandrin13, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    This is just a part of someone elses religion being misunderstood (anti-islamic propaganda?). There are many African cultures who have been doing similar things for years, for spiritual or personal reasons. I suspect this is only getting attention because of the religious origin being gasp, Islamic.

9. lol religion

10. The kids seem to be enjoying it.....

11. ...except circumcision aren't usually done outside, in a group, and with same fucking knife

12. its not that bad really, i mean some of the kids didnt even cry when they got cut, and it really is less of a "mutilation" than circumcision

13. Religion is insanity.

14. Would you approve if it was held indoors, with a smaller group, and sterilized tools? Is your problem with what is going on, or how it is being accomplished?

15. pff thats nothing. In the Philippines motha fuckas are getting nailed to crosses for Catholicism, whipping the shit out of their backs till their bloody, and all kinds of good stuff.

16. Watch taboo on national geographic there's some crazy shit people do for religion

17. Exactly! Its really not that big of a deal. Lol at saying it shows how fucked up their religion is.

18. lol when there are children mutilated during jewish traditions you have a double standard

19. Female circumcision is more disturbing, like taking a sharp ice cream scoop, slice out all the tidbits and then sewing it back up just to preserve their virginity. Not only is religion demented but certain cultures "right of passage" for young boys becoming men is just so twisted its laughable and sick :\ like the glove filled with bullet ants? REALLY?! POPPYCOCK!

20. WTF that's not female circumcision :eek:

Apparently you trip balls 12 hours after the glove, you also have unimaginable pain.