Little white bugs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kindness, Jul 3, 2007.

1. What are these little white bugs all over my plant? Im thinking they mite be lice but I would think lice is a little bit smaller. I can get pics later. What do I do about them.

I all ready have put 2 bowls of beer by my plants for bugs but I dont know if these bugs will go for beer. :hippie:

2. Spider mites. Neem oil. Beer's only used to get rid of slugs.

3. Thanks man. Heres some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wow! :eek:

It's that new-fangled breed; The Giant 'eats-like-a-caterpillar' Spidermite.

*trembles in fear*

:D

5. Yes, I do agree with ^ sarcasm. Doesnt quite look like spidermite damage. Did the white bug hop when you tried to touch it? How big was it? Could of just been a speck of white for all we know. Guess I should see the pics before i move my fingers. :)

6. They are not spider mites. I just saw a pic of them and they are not mites. There big enough to see without a magnify glass. You can see there eyes. But they seem to have a hint of green on them mixed in with the white but that mite just be because of the green background.

note: you can see them living in the nodes of the plant.

EDIT: after looking over more pics, I think they are white flies. Thats the closest they look.

[​IMG]