Little problems, big plant.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by l StayHigh l, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Alright so I just transplanted my 6.5 foot beauty into the ground, just dug a hole broke the pot and put her in. She is still growing I think, we arent getting much sun.

Now that I have put her in the ground, im of course getting something munching on my leaves, it hurts me so bad to see them and have to cut them off =[ Is there something from around the house i can do to keep bugs away and not harm my girl?

Also, the top of my plant is flourishing whereas the bottom seems like its 2-3 weeks behind the top branches, is this normal? One more question, my bottom fan leaves are turning yellow so I cut them off, seems like more and more fan leaves are dying. Whats this problem?

Oh, im going to get some chicken wire or something to put up around it, something nibbled at the stalk =[ luckily it never got all the way through

2. thanks man, I thought I could get direct information though

anyone worthwhile

3. Neem oil
    It rapes everything. Literally. I get mine at my local hydroponics store for about 20bucks for 20uses

4. I like neem as a preventative measure but it does not actually kill bugs, it repels them.

5. yellowing of leaves is normal...

when you harvest ~ take the top half and then let the bottom branches flower for another two weeks or so...

Last year I lost three huge plants to gophers or rabbits eating the bark at the base. If they eat more than 50% around the base the plant will die in slow motion or be stunted at best. I wrapped the wounded areas with thick electrical tape (not too tight) and that seemed to work really well. Definitely wrap the first foot or two of the plant in chicken wire. I think the animals may have been trying to get some water; so this year i keep a shallow pan of water out in the garden so they can get their water without killing my plants....maybe I'm crazy but it seems to be working.

6. You can also use a pyrethrin based insecticide (no burn issues). Neem oil is good but can burn your plants (rince with water spray if you use neem). Always apply insecticides in evening.

7. Thank you guys, I knew some people were just as courteous as I am. Everyone knows its a bitch trying to search for your exact answers haha.

Edit again- didnt read all the posts before I posted back, i WILL ADD ELECTRICAL TAPE IMMEDIATELY! Im seeing the same problems.

8. I agree with Corto, I used Neem this spring (I applied at night) and it burned the edges of all my fan leaves and that was during the cooler spring. Can't imagine what Neem Oil would do in the midst of summer heat...

9. added more soil today, and put some mulch on top of that ( nice quality mulch ) just for the hell of it. Also made a fence with bamboo sticks, electric tape, and thorns, seems pretty legit

got the stalk taped up too, I think shes gonna survive

10. My friend bought some bloodmeal from the store.

its like 5-4-3 or 5-3-3 or something of that nature.

Im into first-second week of flowering, should I add some to my soil next time I water? just a little bit though.

also more and more bottom fan leaves are yellowing! The top half is still flourishing, its scaring me. I stopped pulling off fan leaves beacuse if I did there wouldnt be many more left at the bottom of the plant! If they are yellow but still living though, should I just got ahead and save the effort and cut them off?

11. I don't take off any leaf that's still alive, regardless of color, as its still contributing to the photosynthesis process. When they're dead they'll drop off on their own.

12. If your having animal issues adding blood meal may only make things worse......

I do not use blood meal or fish fertilizer in grows outside my veggie garden....i have had issues with animals investigating the smell; which to them smells like something they want to eat...

Don't worry about the fan leaves by the end of August you most likely wont have many fan leaves left.....

13. I thought your plant would die if you cut most/all of your fan leaves off. Thats why I keep worrying. The branches are doing awesome but the fans are struggling to survive. The plant gets PLENTY of watering, I keep her ran on a tight shift.

14. about the bloodmeal, in my actual garden i spray the shit on the plants mixed with water. it has actual blood and deters non-predator animals. hence groundhogs gophers rabbits. you have to apply it about every 2.5 weeks. i had a groundhog eating my lettuce and sprayed that shit and he was gone, but i would say always put a small 2ft cage around the stalk to prevent them from getting the main vein. haha also what works very well is if you go to the outdoor shop for hunting and fishing ask for fox coyote or any predator urine. that shit works amazingly. good luck