Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Literature Fans: Do you like to read while high?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PizzaTheHut, Jan 13, 2005.

1. To be sure some of you actually read books for enjoyment as opposed to just school work (something that is rapidly leaving our society), so I am compelled to ask: Does anyone else enjoy reading while high?

2. I'm reading Hunter S. Thompson's Rum Diaries. Can't read that sober...

Godfly...wtf is that in your sig? Lol...I'm surrounded by norwegians here

3. nah reading high makes me naucious

4. ditto.

5. ^^ I hear that sir, ^^ right now I'm finishing up the seventh book in the "Incarnations of Immortality" series by Pierce Anthony.... now thats a series worth sitting down to with a few blunts at the ready.... highly recomend checking it out
    :D

6. Bible and Qu'ran, yup. But I think its also important to read while you're straight. I've been a big reader long before I smoked.

7. I read whilst I'm high all the time. Good for you, Sirs.

8. If you want to read something deep while high read THE BIBLE CODE by Michael Drosnin - non fiction - in which a computer program has been created to decode patterns and codes hidden within the original Bible Text (sea scrolls?) and these codes have turned out to be eerily prophetic down to the very detail. It also names names and scary enough it puts a catastrophic or apocalyptic event surrounding the death of Yassir Arafat - who just died by the way and then we had the Tsunami - CREEPY huh??

9. Oh yes, reading is so good when you're stoned... I'm reading the 3rd book of the Wheel of Time... mmm so much imagination... trippy :smoking:

10. Not to mention that the Bible Code has passages in it that predict a world-ending event in the year 2012 (2008 in our current calendar).

11. I'll believe it when I see it.

You guys should check out Food of The Gods I just got into it finally and it's one of the best books I've read in awhile. It's all about hallucinogins and our society, and it theorizes that evolution was caused by magic mushrooms.

12. I didn't say it was true or not, just throwing it out there.

13. im reading the chronicles of narnia.

14. i dont think icould read when im high. every sentence id forget what im reading so it would be pointless. id rather just watch tv and hangout or uh do something besides reading.

15. Actually thats when the mayan calender ends

16. I wish I could've used this excuse for school, but I really am allergic to books. Having to flip through pages and all that causes dust to fly out, starting an allergy attack for me.

So I don't read books because I don't want to have allergy attacks. Plus books are just clumsy to me. It's difficult to find a good comfortable position to read in, and I hate having to hold the book up. For a stoner, that's one difficult task.

Not only that, but when I'm high, it's difficult to concentrate on the words and for some reason it's harder for me to visualize what I'm reading when I'm high. I'd much rather have tv/movies. You just sit there and watch, no fumbling with books, no allergy attacks, no eye straining, just pure relaxment.

17. currently reading dean koontz's "the face" good so far, only on page 50. gonna end up reading alot of it tomarrow during class i'm sure. I'v read alot of Dean koontz's books, Their all good. ofcourse along with Stephen King

18. I don't mind it. if your reading a really good book then you can get pretty into it, it also distracs me from the burn out symptoms.

19. lmao...I hear norwegians speak english all the time and it's soooo cute. They almost sing and have the funniest accent.

Guess I shouldn't be mocking'em too much since I'm german and thus known for having quite an accent, too. But sometimes I manage to fool some drunk guys from over the pond into thinking I'm british haha

20. I try to read no matter what. But with working full time and going to school full time the only time I can read is when I'm stoned. I only get about teo free hours a day so I always to use it to be blazed and sometimes I get to read. Megan