Liquid fish fertilizer and critters?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mac11, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Has anyone used a liquid fish emulsion type fertilizer and experienced critters digging up plants?

2. YEP and then I constructed a chicken wire fence.

3. What did they do?

4. i never have and ive used it on outdoor plants in the middle of the woods. when selecting a spot its good to have thorns and pricker bushes around as general deterneces for both people and animals. ive used it alot and have never had problems with animals. maybe im just lucky. but there are alot of deer and other creatures where i grow so go figure.

5. I really want to use Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 for my grow this spring, but I don't want my plants to get uprooted by some raccoons or something. I am also worried about dear, but I think I can keep them out... fishing line should do the trick...

But I don't want to use chicken wire for the raccoons. It would be too obvious...

6. thats what u use. the alaskan fish fert 511. it works like a charm. pot loves fish man. like i said choose a spot with thorns and say goodbye to animal problems.

7. I will give it a try... I may get a few visitors to start, but I am sure they will learn...

And AFF is cheap my friend... $20 a gallon!

8. a must have for organic growing. using wood ashes for potassium is also good. bonemeal blood meal perlite vermiculite man theres so many amendments you can use to get some perfect dank. i love growing:)

9. They dug for the scent right at the base of my plants and when I went to water them they were all knocked over because the soil that was supporting them had been dug out. Luckily I went to the plants shortly after it happened and I was able to prop them up and replace the soil. :hello:

10. Its not the fish oil smell that is attracting them. Just dig a small hole & pour water in it,see what happens :eek:. I had seedlings in a milk crate that was covered wiith screen. The little Bastards reached THROUGH the holes in the milk crate & dug up like 12 plants. I've got em licked now, next year I'm ready!

Where to you purchase dead fish in a bottle anyway? Sounds like you guys like it so I'll give it a try next year....... Leme know

11. Actually it IS the fish EMULSION that attracts them because they smelled it out over night and dug up only the plants that I fed it to. Seems pretty self explanitory to me. Just be careful with it and dont mix it too strong. That should cut down on scent. And look up the pepper and garlic recipe for the animal and bug repellent. I have heard it works great and I just mixed up a batch of my own to try out.

12. Where did you get it ? Fish emulsion? Thanks-

PS- I'm sure you are right that they prefered the dirt with the emulsion. But I can almost gaurantee that if you just dig a couple of small holes 6" deep,pack the soil back down & get em wet ( near your plants). In a couple of days they'll get dug into, on a perfect 45 degree angle! I lost at least 30 young plants this way. 15 of em were seed bank seeds:(. Peace-

13. That sucks about all ur plants but I have never had soil dug like that until I used the fish emulsion and if you read other threads on here you will see the same. Fish emulsion can be purchased anywhere. I went to the local souther states, but if you dont have one of them I bet lowes, home depot, or any nursery will have it.

14. I am going to try this...

2 Beat & Sieved eggs
    1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce or 2 Tsp Cayenne pepper powder
    4 Tsp Neem oil
    2 Tsp NON-Antibacterial dish soap
    2 Tsp Garlic Extract(Or garlic salt if you can't find it)
    1 Cube beef broth
    1/4 cup milk
    Fill remainder with water and blend. Place in spray bottle.

Hopefully that will keep the deer away, but as far as the raccoons go and other critters, I don't think it will make a difference...

15. you can buy ceyenne pepper spray that the deer will hate. it burns their noses. spray it around the foliage so the wont even go near your shit. its called "animal off" and i think it was like 10 bux for a sprayer thing full.

16. But cayenne pepper is safe for the plants, right?

17. Thanks Rucca, I have all those stores available. I'll let my fingers do the walking & see which ones have it. I never saw it on the shelf but then again I wasnt lookin.. Later-