Lip piercing !! Help

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by FLOWERchile, Dec 28, 2010.

1. I had a lip piercig a few years ago but after a few days it got infected I'm thinking of getting one in a few days will it get infected again ? And how long before I can drink and smoke with it ?

Help me :)

2. Oh wow..... why haven't you looked about any info on having one? Wouldn't you like to be educated in what you want done to your body?

I have snakebites, they both got infected and I'm sure there is probably no way around getting an infection there, it's your mouth, tons of bacteria.

Anyway. You can smoke and drink with a lip ring you just need to ALWAYS ALWAYS rinse your mouth out with mouth wash after anything goes into your mouth besides water.

I also recommend buying something called Bactine
    It looks like this
    [​IMG]

Spray it on the outside of your piercing, or spray it on a Q-tip and clean around the outside, it helps with pain so so much.

3. Yep, mine got infected too. I smoked the day I got it done, to be honest. Just rinse the shit out of your mouth (i used biotene) after every smoke. They tell you to wait for at least two weeks, though.

But I have still never met someone who washed their rings and the piercing itself as much as you're told to. I wash mine like maybe once every 6 months and they're in most of the day (except at work sometimes).

4. i dont get how people pierce their mouth.. doesnt it fuck with your eating.. but just listerine it on the hour would be my guess.. i pierced my ear with a dirty thumbtack and rubbing alcohol.. didnt get infected for like 2 years, and then i got punched in my ear and shit got wierd after that... so i think youll be fine

5. Not so much after it heals, when it's fresh, you just worry about pulling it, or biting it, so with me, I just took extra time eating. Now though, over 2 years later, my balls might fall off and then I bite my post... and it hurts my teeth, but just make sure your piercing is tight and it wont happen.

6. There were a couple of time when I was stoned and kept getting the fork stuck in my lip ring. Other than that I usually forget it's even there.

7. LOL this reminded me of yesterday, my boyfriend has a labret piercing and I was trimming his goatee hair around it so it wasn't hidden, and I was combing it, and the comb caught right on it...good thing I was being gentle.

I've had times that it's been bitten too, and that shit hurts.