Link in description LED advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dogma1102, Apr 23, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Have you checked out Quantum boards?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Are those the ones you build yourself? I'm trying to stay on a budget at this point. I'm moving and it's costing a fortune. I would like to make a purchase though and get a few grows under my belt before I buy another light.

3. I bought, shipped, and built my four QB120's in 3000k for under $200. Mind you I don't have them in a big fixture and some of the stuff was laying around the house. Like the 550 cord to hang with, the d rings, and a plug stolen from a grounded fan with a higher rating than my driver. So it's really isn't that expensive especially for the light provided.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I'll look into them more. What are your thoughts on mars hydro?

5. You go looking around the various forums and you'll see MarsHydro doesn't really have a good reputation, I'd look for something else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #7 bigbananafeet, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Deleted, double post

7. Quantum boards are top of the line technology. And the Mars are a cheap l.e.d. and that price isn't too bad for a pair. A lot of people end up replacing them, using them for supplemental lighting or a back up. But, for a few more bucks, you can have cutting edge technology. It's up to you. I've seen some grows with the Mars and they are ok. And the grows I've seen with the qbs, far surpass the old technology Leds. Bigger yields, denser buds, better trich production.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Is there some kind heatsink for qb I don't see it in pictures and simple guide on how to wire and set one up together from the box?

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. No heat sink required at all my tent barely gets over 77
    Actually I believe the HLG website has the diagrams

• Like Like x 2

10. These just went on sale. I've read good stuff from this company and you legit cannot beat the price. they are going for 60.00 a piece atm.

11. Link or pic no work

• Like Like x 1
  12. #14 Dogma1102, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    that's odd, ill try again. . Update... you can only claim the deal once which is lame, but I went ahead and ordered one. I can get familiar with LED lights and see how I like it.

13. Ah, see the issue now, it's an Amazon link and the forum software thinks it's a media/video link.

Best idea is to insert the Amazon link into something like the name of the light. Type the name or whatever, highlight it, then click on the button that looks like a bit of chain. That'll open a text box where you paste the Amazon link, and then the link will appear in your post.

As an example

Platinum P300

• Like Like x 1
  14. So which light is it? Viparspectra 300? 23% off?

15. I'm replacing one as we speak mine is a viparspectra 600 they are really good for veg but not strong enough for full bloom, by what I have read.

16. Thanks for the info! I'm going to play around with the 300 and see how it does. At the moment my closet grow has adequate light. After I move, I'll be able to drop more money on something decent.