Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lingering Effects.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pocket Mouse, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Hello, it's me again. I had the really bad experience a while ago and posted it on here and you guys made me feel a lot better and gave me some good advice. Well, I have another strange thing going on..
    After that one really bad experience I didn't try it again for a while. But I had had a splitting migrane for about two days, and decided to try smoking again. And it was fine and dandy. Actually so have the past several times I've smoked. It's always been with good company, and if I start to feel panicky, I can calm myself down if I distract and amuse myself (which I found is NOT hard when you're high) It's actually been pretty awesome, and I haven't felt anything near what I felt the time I freaked out, even though the body high is still strange.
    Well, here's my question: How long should a normal body high last?
    I smoked a couple days ago, and I'm still feeling fuzzy. Almost like my sense of touch is delayed my a millisecond. Also, I still feel like my arms and legs are kind of floating away from me when I move them certain ways. It's not altogether a bad feeling at all, more strange and uncomfortable, so I'm not really worried about it at all. It doesn't even bother me that much unless I think about it. More or less, I'd like to know if anyone else has had this lingering feeling, and how long did it take to go away?

2. That's you've gotten over a bit of that panicky stuff, man. Panic disorder runs in my family and I know what it's like, even on the small end of it. It blows.

But anyway, that lingering effect seems to happen to me quite often. Sometimes it'll be for a few hours, sometimes for a few days. It usually depends on the weed and how much I smoked. I'd say no worries, man.

3. Thanks, it's good to know that it's not just my reaction. I keep reading things about it, and it appears to be kind of common. A nurse friend of mine suggested a sodium imbalance, but I'm not entirely clear on what he meant, or what to do about it.

4. Unless it's putting you in harm's way (imparing driving capabilities, or making you noticeably uncomfortable), I wouldn't worry. Just eat well, and get plenty of sleep. Basically, just take care of yourself, because weed sure isn't going to kill you... ^_^

5. There is no accurate way of telling you how long a body high will last. There are too many different factors changing your high; Things like quality of weed, how much you smoked, your tolerance, what you're smoking out of, and many more.

6. I used to get that feeling a lot when I would wake up after getting toasted the night before. My high seemed to like reactivate when I would eat too it was weird. It doesnt happen to me anymore though because my tolerance has gone up some since then. Totally normal though

7. I'm not sure man, but when you say limbs floating away, what do you mean? I can sometimes feel this (I think it's what you're saying) where my arms feel like they're twisted strange when they're down at my side, or they feel like they're turned sideways or bent. Is that what you mean? Because that happens to me when i'm not high, and it's never really after i've been high, idk I just feel it sometimes.