limp plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mr.mary, Jun 14, 2009.

1. i got a clone 2 days ago from the cannabis club, (i never had a clone before i always plant seeds). it was planted in the rockwool. im growing it outdoors in about a 10 gallon pot. i planted it with the rockwool still on. its planted in topsoil and i mixed it with some of my compost. but that may not even matter right now because the roots are still barely breaking the rockwool. i only watered the rockwool once when i got it and havnt watered yet since its been in the medium. now my problem is that the plant is really limp if i leave it in the sun for more than 10 minutes, but its not like a limp like it needs water, it just seems the sun is too much for it, which with my other plants that was never a problem. so i usually just keep it in the shade and it raises back up to be stiff and upright again. so anybody know what im doing wrong? or what i need to do to help it?

ill put pics up as soon as i get the chance.

not that it really matters but the plant is called dream queen

2. #2 MissDankNugs, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
    That seems odd.. I use rockwool on my clones and let them root for 2 weeks, but then I try to remove most of it, gently, before I put it in the soil.. I find that even though my soil looks dry, that cube is soaked so I over water. Maybe it isnt fully rooted to start new growth and the light is too intense for it. It needs to build roots before it can take all that sun in.

Have you seen any new growth? If not, maybe try bringing it inside and giving it 24 hours of gentle 64K spectrum compact floresenct light. If you then see new growth, put that baby outside and it should be fine..

Can you post a picture?

Good Luck!!

3. i got it man thanks,

4. i got this same problem from some clones i got at the cannabis club out here too. im in the bay also.

they are in rockwool. i broke it up a little to let the roots come out easy.
    the roots were barely sticking out the cubes.
    i put it in pots and watered it.
    didnt water again till every other day.
    i put em in direct sun because the club said first put it in the shade for the 1st 2 days
    so it gets used to the outdoors.

then to put in the sun.

if you put it inside with a light for 18 or 24 hours and put it back outside later that shits gonna start budding.

cuz your fucking with the light cycle.

outdoors in cali is like 16hours light max in the summer.

you cant go from 16 hours to 18 or 24 hours. then back down to 16.
    no way jose.

my clones are still limping a little but i dont stress on it.
    i let them do their own thing. if i dont see any sign of new growth soon ill just toss them out.

5. I got you man, Its all good let her have fun in the sun, to bad about this gloom all over the South bay, if shes having good light the rood system will develop mad. ll keep an eye out