limp plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mr.mary, Jun 14, 2009.

1. i got a clone 2 days ago from the cannabis club, (i never had a clone before i always plant seeds). it was planted in the rockwool. im growing it outdoors in about a 10 gallon pot. i planted it with the rockwool still on. its planted in topsoil and i mixed it with some of my compost. but that may not even matter right now because the roots are still barely breaking the rockwool. i only watered the rockwool once when i got it and havnt watered yet since its been in the medium. now my problem is that the plant is really limp if i leave it in the sun for more than 10 minutes, but its not like a limp like it needs water, it just seems the sun is too much for it, which with my other plants that was never a problem. so i usually just keep it in the shade and it raises back up to be stiff and upright again. so anybody know what im doing wrong? or what i need to do to help it?

ill put pics up as soon as i get the chance.

not that it really matters but the plant is called dream queen

2. put it under a flourescent like until roots show, it usually takes a week for clones to show roots, also if it keeps drooping, just get a stick and tie the stem to the stick with a trash bag tie, The sun is stressing the plant becuase its using all its energy getting the roots out of the rockwool, flourescent is the way to go, then just plant them outside when it is healthy enough

3. aright cool thanks man

4. wait , take the plant out of the dirt and put it under the light? or put the whole pot under the light?( ive already put it in the pot.)

5. Your plant needs to be "hardened off". Put it outside in a shaded area for a few hours per day, and then move it back inside at night. Do this for a few days, gradually increasing the time outside. After a week or so, leave the plant outside overnight. You can even put the plant into the direct sun for a brief time during this cycle, and then move it back to indirect/shaded area. It sounds like it could use some water as well.