"Limited Edition"... what does it really mean?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by StarfallSeven, Sep 14, 2010.

1. So I've been researching my strains, and I've stumbled upon some interesting beans from Sensi. But the fact that they're labeled "Limited Edition" scares me a bit.

Limited why? Unstable genetics, and the beans just need to be slung to recoup losses? A clever attempt at marketing unmarketable DNA?

Or is it really just that, a cool promo they're only doing for a moment? Forgive me if this is a stupid question, just really don't want to order seeds on my first REAL grow and get disheartened.

I have read good things about Sensi though. Thoughts and opinions, guys? I'm looking at their Super Skunk, Early Skunk, and possibly even Shiva Skunk (Most appealing, but pushing my price range with the other beans I know for a fact I'm ordering.

Thanks folks.
    :confused_2:

2. well put tkb :smoking:

3. I got the Shiva Skunk Limited Edition pack and it's just marketing.. These beans have been "Limited Edition" since I first saw them.. I relate it to the "Eddie Bower" explorer, or the Harley Davidson truck (by Chevy I think) it's just marketing..
    I was told long ago if it says collectors edition, it's not..

4. limited edition is just a marketing term used to make something sound exclusive, but is really meaningless. you could have a limited edition of a million whatevers if you chose. it's like adding buzzwords like turbo & digital to a product's name.

if used properly though, it means a literal limited run of something in smaller quantities than usual like a signed edition of 500 etc.