LIme margins of upper and new leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by noxaker1, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Hello! Here i am again. I hoped that i will not have problems with the plants, but :(. I use FFOF soil with dolomite added and perlite. For food i use Botanicare line with 1/4 dose ( for now), as i use RO water i add CalMag ( 1/2 dose). Yesterday, when i checked plants they were perfectly healthy, all of them. But today, half of them started to show some deficiency on upper and new leaves. I am posting some pictures. Please, help me to figure out what is happening.

Attached Files:

2. I'd like to very tentatively say iron? I'd watch for middle/lower leaves to turn as well, as that would indicate your pH is off and your meter might have gone uncalibrated with time.
    If its only the upper canopy/ new growth, my guess would be iron.
    I'd wait for more input than just mine though before you jump to fix.

3. I hope im not giving a false sense of security here but it looks to me like you have new growth (light lime yellow) being filled with nitrogen (darker green) i think you have a good balanced pH soil and this is the reasoning for your situation. I could be wrong but if you want to double check in my signature is a link to a thread with a bunch of def charts. And links to more pages that help. Good luck buddy!

4. it is a sulfur deficiency.

give it some epsom salts. the extra magnesium with the sulfur will cause an XXXXXXplosion in new growth :smoke:

[​IMG]

5. [quote name='"OSUBuckeyes"']it is a sulfur deficiency.

give it some epsom salts. the extra magnesium with the sulfur will cause an XXXXXXplosion in new growth :smoke:

[/quote]

Lmao i love the graphic! Ur the BOMB OSU! Lmao

6. yes, i also thought about sulfur deficiency. Just young leaves are in need. Other looks perfect. The problem is i started grow in soil less mix ( i thought it was a soil, as i was told in store). Then i found out about that and bough FFOF. then when time came for transplantation, i transplant them in FFOF and game them 1/4 dose of food. But the most roots are still in soil less mix, so the plants started to starve. IN this case, i gave them light foliar feeding yesterday and in 2 days i will spray them with epsom salt solution. I hope when roots are growing in the soil, this problem will go away. But i am concern about the roots part in soil less mix. ok, will see, what will happen.