Lil' Nepotis', or How I managed to get my driver's license suspenion lifted.

Discussion in 'General' started by Foniac, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Actually, it's not a story, per se.

My grandfather is friends with the District Judge, they used to be Firemen back in the day.

I usually don't tell my grandparents these sort of things, but they found out. My grandfather called the judge, the judge told him he just couldn't overturn it, but if I were to file something with the court, he'd review it without taking into consideration the 30-day waiting period before you can file an appeal.

I called my lawyer, got her to file some sort of something or other. The judge received it, and lifted my suspension.

I'm driving again. Woot.

2. Lucky my license is getting suspended for 3 tickets in one year, I'm under 21 so I think it's 6 months but it might be 3.. I wish.

3. way to fucking go. your grandpa hooked you up. you should do something nice for him.

4. Not to sound ungrateful, and I'm sure this is coming off the wrong way, but I do a load of stuff for them.

Mowing, trimming hedges, helping with their garden, and all manner of other stuff. Any time something heavy needs to be moved, or the air conditioners need to go in and out I'm there.

I just look at it this way. I love them, and they love me, and anything I can do to help them out when they need it - my services are always available.