Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lil help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StonerTom, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place or not so appologies if it aint. Anyway, been doing weed for about 3 months, went through a spell of having it everyday for a week. Hadn't had some for a while till i got a 10 bag with my mate last night. Thought i better try and start to understand about all the stuff as its my mate that knows about it, i just smoke with him. Anyway thats why i joined to try and understand more about it, but if anything im more confused.

First i take it your mostly American (im English) and we dont buy by weight. We just get 10 bags, 20 bags etc with 10, 20 being the price. Also when we get stuff it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    where as on all your pictures theres just a big clump. Also i don't really get any of these terms. I only really get what nicknames for weed, spliffs, joints and blunts are but apart from that im clueless. Any help for a noob appreciated guys.

2. Well, It just looks like your dealer "pre-shredded" that. It also looks like mids (decent weed. Not shitty, but not awesome either). Not sure if that helps or not.....

3. thats not mine, just got it off a google image search :p

4. Well.... what exactly do you need help with?

5. Just about everything. Mainly about what the differences between what i've been getting compared to what it seems everyone else is. For instance, i wouldn't know what to do if i got a massive clump like in the pictures you all post. Im guessing you just grind it all, but im not sure. Also what a 10 bag equates to in American terms etc.
    just a random message i quoted there. Reading it everyone knows what that means but i aint got a fecking clue :p

6. Well, there are tons of threads on this forum about the kind of stuff you need to know. Just go check them out (mainly the Stickies). Good luck and Happy toking.

7. most people store it and break it up or grind whatever there going to use when they need it but i never really buy that much at once so i always just break it all up when i get it. the weed you have is already grinded up/broken up however you wanna say it. most of the time when people buy weed they but it in nuggets or buds which is what you see when you look at everone elses pics lol idk what else to say but hoped i helped a little bit

8. Where do you wanna start? The nug(weed) itself? Tools of the trade(smoking and vaporizing equiptment)? Or just the chemical THC and other cannabinoids reacting with your brain. Im sure you will find all the answers you need here

9. :laughing::laughing:

10. Heres the rundown I can give you without having to worry about being wrong,

Our bags have multiple names, and we also mix both metric and american measurements.

our bags as far as the numerical name equivalents are:

nickel or nick- 5 bag
    dime- 10 bag
    dub- 20 bag

These bags are weighed in grams.

after this point we leave prices and start dealing in weight, they are named for the portion of an ounce they are, such as eighth, quarter, half, and an O being a full ounce.

Larger sizes are dealt with by the pound and smaller portions of the pound as such.

i.e, a qp is a quarter pound,

Any further help, just ask

11. Since a "10 bag" and a "20 bag" refer to price, there really isn't any consistant weight; it's just whatever the dealer thinks is worth 10 or 20 dollars (or euros or whatever the hell you use). Basically, the better the shit is the less you'll probably get.

Most dealers (at least all the ones I know) sell in "eighths" which refers to an eighth of an ounce (roughly 3.5g). As for the slang, you usually just pick that up as you go. If you don't know what someones talking about, just ask them.

12. In UK a '20 bag' is usually 1/8th of an ounce. A '10 bag' is half of that.

13. Haha thanks guys, makes alot more sense now :)

If you could let me know about anything that would be great :)

14. Sriously man, pick a category or GTFO, there is just SO many things about this great cannabis plant. I could go on forever.

15. Here are weights using american metric system. This shoudl apply anywhere really.
    1 gram=5,10,or 20 each, depends all on quality
    3.5 grams= 1/8 of an ounce and can be from 50-75 dollars for pretty good quality.
    7 grams= 1/4
    14.5 grams= half OUNCE
    28 grams= a full ounce or an O, a zip, or an oz mean the same thing.

16. Sorry mate, just didn't want to be an arse and ask you to tell me loads of stuff. I get it alot more now, but what is a vaparisor (seen them mentioned as a good way to stop smell i think) and also what would i be looking at paying for a decent pipe? Can't order over internet as i cant have it delivered to my house due to parents so i want to know what i'd be looking at for a decent one. I know where i could get one (i think). Also what sort of pipe would you recomend? Seen so many different types! Thanks

17. How old are you?

18. A vaporizer, does not produce SMOKE(if you say you 'smoke through a vaporizer' someone is sure to call you out on it), it simply heats up the bud to a temperature below that of teh point of combustion, so it doesnt burn, but dos produce a gentle, light mist filled with flavor and all the active cannabinoids. Its generally healthier for you(not that SMOKING will hurt you, but any smoke cant be good) and a lot easier on the lungs and is very good for medical patients and rec users alike.
    A dry glass pipe(or aka a spoon) can run you from 20 dollars an up, depending on dsigns and how much time was put into blowing the glass. sorry man gotta be 18 to be a member here

19. Thats what I figured,
    you have to be 18 to post on this site, which you agreed to when you signed up