Lil' Dize's Micro Stealth - Shabang! BagSeed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LilDize, Feb 14, 2011.

1. #1 LilDize, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
    :gc_rocks:

:wave:Heres a quick update for every one to see what im workin' with!:D

Grow Box: 18"x12"x24" - File Cab
    Lights: 2x42w (65K(1) and 27K(1), 1x26w 27K=Total Wattz-110w (MIXED SPECTRUM)
    Soil:FFOF
    Pot/Container: *unknown size* (1 Gal. maybe?)
    Nutes: FF Tiger Bloom

Brief Description:
    I vegg'd for 15 days and started 12/12 yesterday. Temps are usually around 70F/80F, Lights Off/Lights On and a RH of around 40%. I have (2) PC fans (1) intake and (1) exhaust, CFM=??? but they seem to be working pretty well. i started this thread so you can follow me through flowering and help me as i will probably need it! I have Tiger Bloom backed up and ready to go.

EDIT: Added another 26 watter! Total wattz now 136!

2. #2 LilDize, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    Lookin good?? im VERY happy so far!:D im lovin' the super close node growth(thx to 65K) and cant wait till i start seein sum flowerz!!!:cool:

15 day veg, Day 2 of 12/12. i gave a small dose of tiger bloom today...VERY small dose. about 100mL with a pinch of FFTB (less than a 1/4 tsp.) ;)

Temps are at 80F and humidity is at 30%

lookin for commentz and questions please!

Attached Files:

3. I'll ride wit u bro.
    Subbed IN.:smoke:

4. thx homi! yea im gunna be postin sum pix of wk 1 of 12/12 later when the lights come back on. i think ive done something wrong cuz my leaves are starting to yellow and wilt at the tips.

any thoughts to what this might be?

5. I am still new at this...so I can only tell you from my experience...
    Anytime I get the yellowing...it is usually due to poor drainage.

For some reason the top of the pot will dry, but the bottom 1/4 will stay soggy and stifle the roots.
    I can't say for sure if this is the case with yours...just offering my experience.
    Make sure no random perlite or something is blocking the drain hole /s.

6. shit that helps! i cant believe i didnt think of this earlier. that pot im usin is of pretty nice size..but i had to slice little vent holes in it for draining. however, im pretty sure i did a piss poor job of this. my plant is about 21 dayz old or so (i think i wuz a day off with 12/12 switch.) so for 21 dayz its prob been waaaay too moist down there. thx bro for the headz up

7. **no doubt**:D Glad I could help bro.:smoke:

8. #9 LilDize, Feb 18, 2011
    Day 6 12/12, update:
    Got curling and yellowing goin' on. it appears that its only the first set of leaves so far though, but i can see a couple spots that may get worse. (the tips of that first set are browning too, this cant be good) I have seen progress in growth but it def. has slowed a little since switch to 12/12.

lights came back on at 6A.M. and i looked at the temp/humidity. humidity wuz at 70%(!!!) and temps were 70. I know why the humidity wuz so high and thats because i just watered it yesterday AND i have to keep the door closed at night because thats how i keep my box "light proofed" (any vent. help plz?!?).

i will post another temp/humidity update shortly to see how they stabilize w/ lights on and door open.

EDIT: i can see yellowing and curling on the second set too(again, mainly towards the tips)...what is the cause of this? and how can i remedy it so it doesn't continue to work its way up?

Attached Files:

9. temp/RH update:

within an hours time and fans turning back on to get some airflow, RH is back down to 40% and temps are 80F. small box i got so airflow moves easily w/ little cfm, its just i cant figure out a better way to light proof at night and/or a better vent. sys.

10. #11 LilDize, Feb 18, 2011
    after some reading it appears that it is "nute burn". FFOF has plenty of nutes to keep em happy for at least 3-4wks without adding "extra" nutes. i may re-consider adding FFTB LATE-flowering. bud booster if you will. for now i wait and will continue a watering without nutes with pH adjusted to 7. in 4 dayz or so(its had a VERY acidic life so far...)

11. #12 LilDize, Feb 18, 2011
    Temp/RH, Update:
    RH-34%, Temp-80F

As for the "Nute Burn", i am attempting to use Neem Oil as foilar spray in hopes that i see some healing of fan leaves and to prevent further burn. a hunch.

12. #13 LilDize, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
    Just added a 26w 27K lamp:cool:. PHEEW! Is it hooot!!!:eek: Temps are rising but luckily i found a higher voltage power supply. Boosted my exhaust to a 12V supply! Its running much faster now and keepin my temps 80F... With another exhaust fan i could maybe get it lower but the only other one i got is the one im using for inside for plant movement..

Also, no good news for my plants health.:( When the lights flipped on this morning, the first actual set had wilted and were drooping completely. Theyre touching the soil and i dont think there is any chance for that first sets' survival...:devious: However, I guess if there wuz good news it be that the top growth comin' in looks GREAT! Hopefully if i let it alone for a wk or so everything gets back on track and i can save it.:smoke:

PICS IN A MINUTE!!!

13. i know my pics are hard to see. taken from my net book. dont got a camera. anyways, heres the picz. ya think i should just cut off that first and second setz that are browning, curled and drooping??:confused: if i do ill only have 2 sets and the new growth coming out... i kinda feel i should just leave em and let it just do its own thang though. again im pretty sure i burned em so im backing off nutes till later...MUCH later:eek: just pH adjusted 6.5 from here for awhile.

fuck! i guess i see how strong these nutes really are...

Attached Files:

14. leave the burned pieces alone... if it falls off it falls off..

a watched pot never boils... your plants look good man... keep the updates and pics coming :smoke:

15. right on! i havent done an update in awhile. id say theres about 20% more growth those last pics but another post is due tomorrow morn when lightz come back on. oh yea and ive only got one plant. im gunna try 2 next grow. gotta keep it small as of right now for security reasonz.

16. #17 LilDize, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    DAY 10 12/12

On its 4th set of leaves! (including the dead nute burned set..)

tips of leaves throughout the whole plant w/yellowing (blackening on tips of new growth), curling tips. i suspect nutes still lingering in soil (did a 2 litre flush today pH'd 7).

perky looking and for the most part in my opinion healthy. also, some of the leaves look "soggy". i suspect this is due to NEEM foliar spray that i do maybe once/twice a wk right before lights go out.

Growth continues to progress and im expecting preflowers anytime!

May start 1/8 strength nutes next watering.FFTB.

2nd pic: dying/dead leaves, surprising to see that some green is actually still left in these leaves!

Attached Files:

17. Temp/Humidity Update:

I checked temps and humidity earlier this morning and wuz amazed with how much i wuz able to get temps to drop! i had a small space heater close to the box and i decided to move it to the other side of the room. it helped!

Temps: 72-75F
    Humidity: 38-40%

Im in ideal temps for flowering now!

Quick Note:
    Plant looks VERY happy and i can see the start of leaf set 5 coming up.

18. the only things i could think of that would cause the leaves to do that would be ph , nute burn, or maybe the lights are too close?
    either way , im subbed = D

19. #20 LilDize, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
    hell ya indiana man! im here in indy myself. anyways heres a quick update!:wave:

Day 14, Week 2, 12/12:

asya know, ive had some problems w/ yellowing, curling and so forth. i added a bit a N w/ my 40fl oz watering yesterday and i may be seein things but it looks like its a little more green than the past week (ill be damned if im right about N deficient!). too soon to really tell but im hoping with thus small drought im going to give it (like 1 1/2 weeks or so) without water or anything and the N i gave it yesterday im going to see some reverse action (good). also, no real signs of flowering yet but i will say that new growth is starting to form differently. sorry pics arent to quality.

Attached Files: