Like Atracts Like - water crystals

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hella chronic, Jul 15, 2009.

1. #1 hella chronic, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
    i tried searcghing for this trhead and couldnt find it so i decided ot post it up. its the effects of emoitions and thoughts on water crystals. it shows how "like atracts like" and how it can effect us as a mental state. remember like they say in the video were 60% water!
    very instresting video if you ask me.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbpXRSIUnE"]YouTube - Positive & Negative Energy Effects on Water Crystals[/ame]

2. You forgot the video.

3. I assume you're talking about the part in What The Bleep Do We Know!?, and it's complete horseshit.

"The third example was the work of Masura Emoto, who tapes words to bottles of water. The water is chilled and forms into crystals descriptive of the words used. For example, if the word “love” is taped to a bottle, beautiful crystals form; if the words “you make me sick” are used, ugly images appear.

What the film makers didn’t say is that Emoto knows the word used, and looks for a crystal that matches that word (biased data selection). To demonstrate a real effect, Emoto would need to be blind to the word used. James Randi has said that if Emoto could perform this experiment double-blinded, it would qualify for the million dollar prize. (He has never applied.) Such a protocol would show there is no correlation between the words taped to a bottle and the crystals formed within. These experiments have not been performed to a scientific protocol and have never been independently replicated."

4. what are you talking about man:D
    yeah i know my bad i fixed it though.

its not just about the words, its the "waves" put out that connect the word with that emotion.
    for example if someone were to say or write "love" or "happiness" you can all connect those with an emotion or feeling which is essentially what sends out these "waves" that effect the crystals, and yes it is referenced in "what the bleep do we know" and cant you find a nicer way to say horseshit, it really hurt my feelings:p.

5. yo my man this shit is 100% real.
    havent you guys heard of "The Secret" ?
    you should definitely try and find a way to watch the movie or read the book.. very good
    life changing

6. +rep to you sir, my favorite book and movie!: changes your life doesnt it, it also helps get people that are non-optimistic to understand how our thoughts work into our lives too in my opinion.

7. I know the theory. What I'm saying is that it's bullshit. Feel free to read my post. The results from this hack's "experiment" have NEVER been recreated, even though somebody offered the guy $1,000,000 to do it.

I know these new age beliefs are comforting, but you have to understand there's really no evidence that supports most of them. If you want to believe in what makes you feel all warm inside, that's your prerogative. Just know you're keeping yourself happy at the cost of remaining ignorant. Sorry to burst your bubble man, it gives me no pleasure.

Horseshit is just my alternative to bullshit. Just jives with me. Sorry tho :(

Ugh. That movie is even more full of horseshit, and some of it is dangerous horseshit (you CAN'T wish yourself free of cancer). Please please show me some conclusive evidence of the "law of attraction." Please.

8. so im curious, what evidence do you have that its not real?

and sorry to burst your bubble but i will believe what i think is true:D

edit: and id like to hear more about this person proposing money to recreate it, shit if i had a microscope of that power, I'D recreate it!
    the whole movie is pretty much evidence and the benefits i have everyday from it is my own evidence to myself, also a movie called "what the bleep do we know" and countless other movies and books dedicated to study and prove this theory and quantum physics. just because its something new to you that you don't believe doesn't make it false.
    i mean why would our founding fathers and early philosophers\inventors use and believe it if it was false?

9. ^^^^^This

10. Burden of proof

Your only evidence is what you saw in the movie. I'm pretty sure you didn't read what I posted earlier, so let me summarize it. The guy that performed that "experiment" went through dozens of pictures of different molecules and picked the ones that best fit his hypothesis (water looks pretty when pretty words are taped to the surface of the container it's in). Thus, the water molecule for love was pretty because he picked the prettiest one. I'd bet money a bunch of molecules for the 'love cup' looked as shitty as the one they showed for the 'shut up cup'.

Want to know the reason no one has recreated it? It's impossible to do. Because it's not true.

Quantum physics is waaaaaaaaaay way way waaaaay different than the pseudoscience in those two farces. Please don't equate them.

There isn't evidence. Show me please. Let me see the evidence you speak of. Maybe I'll become enlightened :)

Haha I'd also like to see the evidence you have that our founding fathers believed in the Law of Attraction. But they also believed in slavery. Also, that's a textbook appeal to authority.

11. Emoto didn't demonstrate that, however.

He expressly has instructed his photographers to take pictures of the most appropriate crystals for the idea at hand, ie the "nice" ideas like love and happiness should have images of crystals that look nice. But that leaves lots of questions open. How many crystals had the idea of "happiness" associated with them that actually looked quite ugly that his photographers discarded? How many didn't look like anything at all?

That's a shitty way to do science. Imagine if that's how we tested drugs. Dr. Idiot has an anti-cancer drug and is determined to prove it works. He administers the drug to 1,000 people. 100 people show improvement. 900 show no improvement, or their condition actually worsens.

Dr. Idiot publishes anyways and claims that in a test-group of 100 individuals all of them got better, and he doesn't mention the result that the drug actually didn't help 90% of the people it was administered to and that the 100 people he's telling you about are the 10% who it did help.

Sure, it makes Dr. Idiot feel good to get accolades for his "100% effective" anti-cancer drug, but, uh, the drug still sucks.

12. #12 hella chronic, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    you have to relize that yet a perfect system of law, order, and science is all true, but its just a fragment of the universe, you move from lower to higher law.

that is true it could be a severly biased, i dont know what water crystals exactly look like but but to have that much of a difference in the texture doesn't convince me that he could find the prettiest and the ugliest in the same water with a love or happiness emotion wave sent out or water with a "hate" or "kill" emotion wave sent out.
    well im about to do some research and see how powerful of a microscope you need to look at a water crystal(im guessing pretty damn strong) and i would be more than happy to recreate this.
    i dont know what pseudoscience but i read this Pseudoscience - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and it sounds like its just a label to de-falsify a certian type of thinking or physics.
    and again like i said obove these perfect laws and order is just a small portion or glipse of the universe.
    Just because they owned slaves doesnt prove they didnt know about this stuff. these ideas about the law of attraction was actually withdrawn from common folk and was helda secret(wonder why they call the movie "the secret":rolleyes: they explain this more in the movie too) to the way higher up wealthy families, some of them being founding fathers. alot of philosophers knew about the law of attraction and there are endless quotes in the movie of many well well known presidents, officials, philosophers, and artists\successors.

13. #13 hella chronic, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    you mean like what our corrupt FDA is doing nowadays anyway:rolleyes:

i still cant prove about the photos until i research more about water crystals or anyone can enlighten me

and thank you ghostrider and everyone else for being polite about this debate we got goin on here:D
    and like you said ghostrider, we shall agree to disagree.