lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smokedogg, Sep 18, 2002.

1. hey I was hoping that someone out there could help me out...I've read lotsa shit bout growing weed but I was curious about whether or not you can use normal house lights to grow weed??

Any ideas???

2. na man you need flouros cool ones about 200 watts will do

3. TokenChoke is very correct to start the plants off in veggatative you can use floros, and you can also flower with these same lights though it is recommended to switch for flowering to HPS - High pressure Sodium lighting, as it will make the flowers much more compact and compressed, and lead to a greater yeild in the long run.

Peace

OntarioBud

4. nope not possible,,, ive seen people grow off red flood lights but not house lights... its not the kind of light taht the sun gives off.. flouros good for first steps of growing then HPS lights are good for the rest.... or yuo can just grow hydro and use flouros hole time.... fluro lights tend to be bad for flowering abd budding.... you will get smaller buds and less THC production.. good luck