Lights n Cameras...?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SUPASPLIFF, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Hello All!

Hoping for some advice...

iv purchased everything i need but the lights..

Have decided on 2x600w hps for the 1.2x2.4x2m tent..(16 plants)

also want to set up an area (2mx2mx2m)where i i can veg 16-18 plants for 3/4wks...

Gonna use mh light for veg room..wanted to know what size light i should get for veg area..
    would a 600w cover it?...or 1000w?

Also .. i live in the uk and am using the upstairs room at the rear of the house...am a lil concerned about the chopper coppers..

any advice on what would be a safe amount of lights to use in the room?? for example is anything below 2000w generally ok??

im planning on using Polyshield which is supposed to be thermal imageproof...
    anyone know if its any good or not?

Hope you can help!

Thank you!

:smoking:

2. Generally speaking to veg plants you need about half the amount of lumens than you for flowering. I'm not going to do all the math for you, but if you're going to be vegging 16 plants a 600 watt MH should work. It might be a little low, but I don't really think you would need a 1000 watter.

As long as you aren't trying to do anything stupid with your wiring, and you aren't popping breakers from pulling too much juice 2000 watts in one room is ok. I can tell you that in my closet I can run 2 - 400 watt HPS, plus 400 watts worth of CFLs, and in the same room run a computer and a vaccuum and not have any problems as far as popping breakers unless I pull the plug on the vaccuum while it's running. For some reason, that will pop breakers... But you should be fine ;).

I've never heard of a polyshield so I can't offer much info there. Something like that may not be bad investment if you're going to grow 30ish plants at a time though.

Be careful with it all, and be safe, that's a lot of plants, and in turn going to be a whole lot of bud.

3. Thank you Do Work

Ur advice is much much appreciated..i didnt even think of the breaker situation!

at max there will be 1 2.4mx1.2x1x2.0 tent with light extractor and fan PLUS a smaller 1.2m tent with light etc in the same room...

do you think that will be too much??

Thank you again.

:)