Lights in the sky

Discussion in 'General' started by Cypress420Hill, May 1, 2013.

1. So I don't know what the fuck these things are, maybe they're satellites or something like the reflection from the sun on satellites, but they're as bright or sometimes even a tiny bit brighter than stars.

Pretty much every night I go out to blaze I look up to the sky to look at the stars. Eventually I focus on one of the stars and all of a sudden it starts to fade away until it's completely gone. After about 5 seconds the star thing always fades away.

They seem to start to fade away like right when I look at them. Sometimes they even move around the sky in weird directions as they fade away, but usually they stay stationary in the sky.

What the fuck are these things man. Satellites? Aliens?
    Does anyone else ever see these things? Sometimes I see like 2 within an hour :confused:

2. Could be a lot of things, could be a hallucination and not be anything really.

Don't get your panties twisted over it.:cool:

3. #4 Chrismittty, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    Probably faeries. Edit- Not literal fairy' but like the "eye lights" that run around for a few seconds after a rip or sitting up too fast..

4. I saw that comin'

But they aren't hallucinations haha it's fuckeddd.

5. That heppens to me sometimes if I gaze too long some would disappear but they're really there. Btw, look up Saturn it's very visible this time of year :smoking:

6. I know what you mean but they clearly disappear completely

7. Let's narrow it down.

Have you ever seen an alien? Have you ever seen the military?:cool:

8. Maybe they're flying spy aircrafts

9. They're satellites. I've seen them many times. Just a tad brighter than the dimmest stars and sometimes outshining a brighter one, but only for a few seconds, right? And they travel in a straight trajectory but dim out after a few seconds?
    Satellites. :)

10. also the center of our eyes don't see in the dark as well as the outside of our eyes, so sometimes if you look at a really dim star it will fade away because once you focus on it it becomes invisible because your brain thinks its part of the background. if you look off to the side you can see it again though. maybe this could be part of it, but also like imprepex said, satellites. there are so many of them that there can often be multiple ones in your view at any time. also some of them (iridium flares) do reflect the sun and can appear as bright as or even brighter than airplanes or planets for a few seconds.

11. The hair really does it for that guy lol, every time he comes on the history channel I'm just like... this guuuuuy.