Lights exploding?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MilkyRips, Jul 14, 2010.

1. so i set up a small scale grow box and im using CFLs, and theyre kind of cramped in the box and i have bulbs that are touching each other so i was wondering if theres any like bad thing about that, like if the bulbs are touching if heat could build up and like the lights could explode or cause a fire or something?

2. NO SHIT dude,
    Lastnight i was thinking the exact same thing lastnight,
    LMFAO
    Crazy, but no they wont explode

3. worst case scenario, you die high off your ass.

4. They won't likely crack from heat, but to be sure I would have a fan blowing on them.

Now they COULD crack from vibration though... just a thought.

5. i have 6 26w cfls in a rubbermaid grow and have misted my ladies while the lights are on & have been for a while [ fully heated up ]. the sudden contact of cool water against fully heated glass didnt shatter them so unless you drop or drop kick those suckers you should be good to go. the glass is more than twice the thickness of a regular incandescent bulb

6. sweeet. thanks everybody

7. CFLs are compact florescents, and florescent lights are designed to put out a lot of light, but not a lot of heat. Therefore, the chance they'll explode (even if you have a lot in a small area) is pretty low.

Just put your hand up next to one. They really don't get that hot.