lights dead, chop or not..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by deckthehalls, May 16, 2007.

1. My upgrade from 2x400w envirolites to 400w digital hps would have been great if it werent for the bulb dying after just one week of use, my plants (2 grapefruit and a Misty, PApaya already chopped)are 9.5 weeks in and they could do with another week or so I reckon. They have been in the dark for the best part of 48 hours now.

Should I chop them now or wait til i can grab a bulb tomorrow? Will they be affected by the light exposed when ive been staring at them wondering what to do?

First two are grapefruit clones, the same except one got accidently topped at 1 week flowering and grew a monster head.

The third is Misty shes taken her time but its almost up.

Attached Files:

2. lmao luvin the sunglasses:D:p:hello:

3. I've heard of people leaving plants in the dark for a straight week to ripen the buds as fast as possible. I don't think you should have a problem- the buds are rippening twice as fast right now though, instead of gaining size it's just rippening.

I wouldn't chop them, but it's up to you.

4. well... what happened to your envirolights? did you sell them? why not just use those for the end...

or you could just keep em in darkness for a few days then chop.

5. are you sure its to ripen.. i heard the dark period helps the plant get rid of all the chlorophyll.

6. It gets rid of the chlorophyll when it eats and dark cycles when it eats so all you are really doing is letting the buds mature and ripen quicker you just wont have much growth if any. What happened to those envirolights? Definatley wait and get the lights tho, its only 24 hours and arent you gonna need them for the next batch anyway.

7. Thanks..probably gonna chop them today sometime..

Yeah the envirolites got dismantled Id used em for my first couple grows and they were getting a bit weak..Upgrade would have been bonkers had it not packed up on me after just one week..

Any other week I'd have rushed down to slims to pick up a new bulb, but this week i have had two finals to sit over the last 2 days..

When it rains..:rolleyes:

Heres the papaya i chopped a week ago, should have over an oz here dry..cant imagine what yields would be like under the hps:

Attached Files: