Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lightning and computers

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bud Head, Aug 27, 2002.

1. My computer got hit by lightning. Now i'm back on the old P.O.S. I guess it can happen to any of us. Surge protectors on my electrical outlets and on my outlet bar didn't help either. Oh well nothing last forever!!!!!!!

2. my comp had to go the repair shop a couple months back for the same reason :-(

3. POS = piece of shit as in "my old piece of shit computer"

As of yesterday Mr. Critter, my wife got her new computer so I shall shortly be back on-line at home and can get up real ealry one morning to talk to you. What did she get? "Duuuuuuuuude, she's getting a Dell" She is already tired of my Duuuuuuuuude you got a new computer....Duuuuuuuuude, I like you computer, etc. etc.

But wait, do you have Dell computer ads in Australia? The Dell spokesman in the USA is a little snotty nosed kid and every sentence out of his mouth starts with "Duuuuuuude"

4. Ah yes, the reason I have the 'puter I got now is because of lightning, the reason my computer now has a new modem is because of lightning, the reason I seem to buy a new phone once a year is because of lightning. I love a good thunderstorm, but sometimes they get expensive.

5. my dad's computer's modem got fried 'cause of lightening once... as well as our big screen tv (rest in peace, lol)... usually when thunderstorms roll around i unplug my modem and turn my 'puter off... haven't had to replace anything for almost 4 years now... :)

6. I sent the puter to the hospital to be operated on. Got a call from my computer tech guy and he said that it was going to cost 60.00 dollars to fix. He is going to charge me a 150.00 dollars for picking it up and reconnecting and resetting everything. Damn I need to go get me another job.

I should have my puter back and running tommorrow.

7. that's kinda beat. good that you're getting it back and nothing was majorly wrong with it, but it seems like you're paying a lot just to have it picked up and reconnected. got any friends who are computer saavy? i find that helps, but then again, i usually just ask my pop. he's pretty good with 'em.

8. I use this computer to do all my company shit in. It takes about 2 hours to reprogram when reconnecting. The security program is extremely hard to set up. It has to be set up so I have different stages of security in alot of programs. I'd rather pay my computer wiz as to fuck with it!!

Most of the other shit I do myself.