Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by K.a.h.86, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Has anyone used these and is it worth the money? This is a bit more than i can afford but it has mostly good reviews. I just wanna hear from you guys on if you have used them personally and what they were like. They would be in a tent with a short variety of plant.

Idk why its not letting me post a link to the amazon listing but I'll put a screen shot in the comments and a link if possible

2. I would pass on that light ..
    Thought you were going with HLG QB's 288 r spec ?

3. It is good for 1 small plant only . Directly on top of the plant .
    That light is a pos . Your on a budget post a few mars hydro on here see what opinions you get

4. I was still shopping around. The seeds i have right now arent very fresh and dont look like theyre going to do anything. It was mainly going to be an experiment, so i decided to gather what i need for a decent grow with good, fresh seeds a little at a time. I had those other lights at the top of my list though if those are the ones you were talking about. Im only wanting to grow one plant at a time and im not really worried about clones, but i just figured I'd explore all my options. If the ones i tried to link to above are pieces of shit though, I'll pass on those.

I set up a goal for my PayPal acct to put money in here and there so I can set up a decent grow tent. I believe I'll just use that aerogarden for actual house plants or aromatic herbs I can cook or make tea with.

Sent from my moto g power using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Ive had these in my cart for a couple of days

Screenshot_20201023-133114.jpg

6. That is what I use , I consider those QB's top line LED Grow lights .
    All LED lights require a power supply .
    All LED lighting is powered by DC voltage .
    You need to convert House Hold power which is either 110/AC or 220/AC current to DC voltage ..
    PS those boards can handle 200W easy so depending what your expecting out of that light you can use different power suppliers to achieve your goal .
    The hotter you run your lights normally shortens the QB's longevity.
    For long life I would stay around 160 watts at 54 DC voltage and you can buy dimmable power suppliers
    and i suggest buying a dimmable power supplier .

You need a light or lighting that produces about 35 true/actual Watts per square foot of grow space.
    The QB 288 r spec board at a 160 watts will cover slightly over 6 square feet off grow space .
    Not all MJ plants are the same size ..
    You don't buy lighting by the plant ..
    Your buying the required amount of light per square foot of grow space.

I have the HLG Samsung Quantum boards because I researched Grow lights and they are the most efficient grow light on the market at this day and age of technology.

This isn't something I would do but 99% of what i have heard about the performance of the KingBrite Samsung copies or knock off's LED grow lights is positive.

My suggestion is HLG first then KingBrite lighting second .
    Good luck .

7. I love my HLG in my big tent but I am actually more impressed with this $99 light from amazon. The Lenofocus LF100(upgraded) . Meanwell 150w dimmable driver set at 120 from factory. Has blown up this 2x2 tent. 1 girl in a 7 gal bag. Low heat at 12" from canopy as seen in pic, usually stays at 72. Refond and Ostram led's, are NOT samsung. But again,$99 for 150w actual draw. I could easily see 4 of these equaling my HLG 550 in a 4x4 at 1/2 the cost and more watts. Just throwing this out as an option, I bought this one after comparing most similar lights on amazon(spider,Mars,etc) just for the extra few watts available. Should pay for itself in 1 run. Had never heard of them but will def buy again if/when needed.

Attached Files:

8. Ok, sorry if im asking the same questions over and over again but im still trying ro wrap my brain around things.

I found these. What do you think?

Q2 LED Grow Light

9. Im probably gonna go with a 24x24 tent since itll be best for my small-ish bedroom.

10. If your going to go Bloomspect I would look at their SG series. I have 2 of the SG2000 and they are almost identical to Spider Farmer. Nice thick aluminum sheet for heat sink, lm301b diodes, meanwell driver and fully dimmable. Normally 220$ but you can catch them with a coupon code for $175.

$350 for 400watts wall draw ready to go out of the box. Can't really go wrong IMO. Its less about brand and more about the components the lights are being built with.

11. I had forgotten all about the fact that my brother has 2 of these in his closet IMG_20201024_170221209.jpg IMG_20201024_170145336.jpg IMG_20201024_170228936.jpg IMG_20201024_170254579.jpg

12. Pretty sure he wont let me use them though. Idk maybe he'll sell them to me. Then again, he was only using these to start plants for our vegetable garden, not to grow anything to adulthood. Idk if these are suitable for what i need or not