Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flanigan, Sep 19, 2020.

1. I am wondering if anyone uses 600 watt hps on sprouts and seedlings?

Sent from my Coolpad 3310A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yeah I do, I have the 600 watt one with an adjustable ballast so I can switch it down if need be. You can definitely start em out with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. as long as distance and heat arent an issue to burn or dry them up no worries plus it save time and the hassle of swapping lighting

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys. My ballast is adjustable and I have it raised up high. From 250-400-600-660 watts. I didn't know if I should maybe start at 250 and raise it every couple days. I have done really well but am still learning every day

Sent from my Coolpad 3310A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. you can I start veg with 200 watts @ 6 inches away then raise it and add wattage as they grow every 2 weeks or so. try both its your preference with how much time you want to spend growing

6. I veg and flower under only hps. I find best to veg with a used 1000w set 40in above the plants for the 1st 3 weeks then I adjust and replace to a 600w to flower. Works great in a 4x4x7ft room.

7. curious as to why its better to veg with more watts than flower?

8. Its just the strain I'm running. It likes the 600w better in flower. Very heat sensitive and on my last run of it. 20200918_182503.jpg 20200918_154404.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 GroBuddy, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    something you left out but quite important is strain dependent i didnt want other new growers thinking that was the proper way to grow. If you say yours does better thats cool we all have different ways and techniques. most flowers however use more of everything during flower so what you said could be very misleading to some. lucky you most people have to pay more electric come flower time you get to lose 400 watts an hour lol nice grow bud.