Lighting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Triple6Greens, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Will be doing a large grow and looking for my options on lights.

I plan on running 4 1000w hps in the flower room and 2 1000w mh in the veg room

So far I have looked at many different brands. ipower, Apollo, visosun, and a few others.

Many many mixed reviews on all. but I came across this yield lab 1000w dimmable for a decent price on Amazon Screenshot_20161114-101214.png

Has anyone have any experience with this brand?
    Anyone have maybe a better option ?

I'm not looking for the cheapest but I don't want the most expensive. I'm looking for something in the middle.

2. There was a thread yesterday on yield lab, I think they use the wrong bulb to ballast setup or something. I use Gavita's, and SunSystem's. Some stuff can be a rip off, but I'm doing this on a commercial level and I can assure you that quite often, spending a little extra money now is much better than buying the cheap shit only to be disappointed by slow growth, larfy herb, and poor yields.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. @ColoradoCannabisKid

I understand completely what you're saying and have learned my lesson more then once. but I'm also on a budget and I can always upgrade in the future. I'm not going to be able to afford 400-500$ lights right now. I'm looking for stuff in the 200-300$ range

4. I feel ya bro. I messaged you a screenshot of the the link to the yield lab info. Hope it helps.

5. I saw the link. looks shady.

What about virtual sun? I'm looking at their 1000w dimmable digital system. going for 330$ but I think I can make some cuts in other place to afford the better lights.

Lights are probably 80% of your yield so I might as well fork over some money for ballast that will last and produce

6. Haven't heard anything about them, but I agree you should definitely try to cut somewhere else if at all possible. Lights are expensive, so it really sucks having to upgrade right after your first spin. Necessary sometimes though.