Lighting time question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shmev, May 12, 2009.

1. Okay so i have one plant currently about 1 week old, I have just found quiet enough fans (computer fans) that move enough air and I was wondering If i could put my plant on a 24/0 light schedule. The only reason I am asking this is because previous to the fans, I had it on a 18/6 schedule, so i was wondering if this would make a difference, or affect the plant in a bad way. I plan to grow outside as well so around 3-4 weeks old i'm going to transplant outside. Thanks to everyone who replies:cool:

2. In general that would not be harmful at all to the plant. If you are going to transplant outside, though, then my advice would be to just leave it on 18/6. I don't think 24/0 would be harmful per se, but if you've been on 18/6 and outdoors will be something like 16/8, then might as well just stay on 18/6 for a couple of weeks in the interim and not change the light schedule so much.

3. Toastybiz pretty much said it.

All I would add is that if you are going to go from 18/6 to 24/0 then I would stagger it by day. So go 19/5 one day, then 20/4, then 21/3 etc and then dont' change the light cycle ever again until you go to flowering.

4. Alright thanks, I guess i'll stay with my 18/6 to avoid complications, thanks guyds!