Lighting system help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hemptress101, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I run a 1000W hps/mh and love it but I highly recommend getting a sealed air cooled like one of the ones pictured here With the one you have shown you will have a hell of a time controlling the heat put out by that. with sealed reflectors it is alot easier to move the heat.

2. i agree with the post above..check out some sealed reflectors and packages we have.. all at 20% off!

3. Ya I was thinking an 8". I know DH has the big Xxxtreme reflectors I have a few coupons for them so I was thinking of hitting them up in one shot. I am in a sealed room in my house. So I also have a 8" blower with some wall mounts as well as the AC in the house...that should be sufficient enough air flow huh?

4. yeah that 8" should do it, I have a 6 the goes down to a 4 with a 250CFM inline fan to cool the lights, this I run always and I only run my AC in the summer. you should be good

I highly advise setting everything up and running it empty for a cycle and record your max and min temps and RH and get that nailed down where you want it before you put any plants under it.

better to deal with any issues you might have upfront than wait til you are ruining plants.