Lighting switch

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenman2012, Jan 9, 2010.

1. for undisclosed reasons im having to move my crop. unfourtanly im 19 days into flowering and they look absoulutly gorgeous, im currently using a 1000 HPS and will be switching to a LED which is less wattage, i am curious if the switching of the lights will have a negative impact on the production of my buds.

2. I would think if the move does not stress them, the switching of lights surely will. Also, i would consider the strain. Is it fairly stable? If it is predominantly skunk or afghan it should pull through, but if it is some whack cross done in a garage or a psycho landrace, you might have issues.

3. The strain is very stable and the move is only a few minutes away should i stick with the HPS? i got a deal on this supernova LED light that will save me lots of money on electricity and it supposodly puts out as much as my 1000 watt HPS. should i box them or what should i do in order not to throw them into stress when i am moving them?

4. #4 t.rex., Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
    I would stick with the hps. Old faithful, ya know? and then just start a fresh flower cycle with the led, and see how it goes.

A move is always a sticky situation. I would take the light rig down at lights off the night before move, and set them up in the new space ready for the next lights on cycle. Then, at the time the lights would normally come on the next morning, go in to the room, box the bitches up, and head out quick style. Get to new space throw em' in and cut the lights at the regular time.

5. #5 horticultureFTW, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
    I wouldn't believe that if I were you. Look around at some of the grow logs here, the LEDs don't seem to be coming anywhere close to what they claim on replacing HID lights.

Don't get me wrong, they will certainly grow plants, but the yield won't be anything close to an actual HPS light.