Lighting, Seed, Cloning, and Utility Bill questions - Plz help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JayTeeVee, Nov 17, 2009.

1. I'm really new to growing. In fact, I am in the process of building my own grow room. My question is fourfold.

1) I have yet to see any recommendations for places to purchase quality light sources for indoor growing. Can I purchase these lights at my local Wal-Mart or do I need to go elsewhere?

2) Can anyone recommend a quality site to purchase seeds? Needs to be shipped to the US.

3) I've seen cloning mentioned in guides but I have yet to see anything in detail. Can anyone point me in the right direction to either video and/or written guides for this? (or any of my questions rather)

4) At what point can the Utility Company get suspicious of my usage? Has this happened to anyone? Is there anything I can do to either disguise it or manage my electricity efficiently?

I know this seems like a lot, but if any of you out there can help with any of these questions or point me in the right direction for information related to these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Maybe an experienced grower can answer this, but am I reading way too far into this? I feel kind of nervous doing this. Not that I will get caught, but that I will fail miserably. Haha. Basically what I am asking is, how is the learning curve for growing indoors? I fancy myself a relatively smart, quick learner. How difficult is this to do/manage?

Again, any advice or links would be awesome.

Thanks again.

2. I've tried off and on for several years. Yes you can get your lights at Walmart, Lowes or Home Despot.

Wattage wattage wattage for power consumption. Look at your utility bill. See what a Kilowatt hour costs plus fees and surcharges. Mine for example is $0.077 per Kwh. So 1000w of lights (real watts if using cfl's) should cost per hour 7.7 cents in my house. That's like an extra $50 a month if on 24 hours a day. The utility co won't have cause to complain if you pay your bill on time :). The rest of the security aspect is up to you.

This is pretty much the extent of my knowlege so hope it makes you feel safer.

3. Awesome. Thanks for the insight. I think I recall seeing something, similar to what you were talking about, in a guide on these boards. I'll have to go check that out and reread that section.

Nice. Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.