Lighting Questions and More!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by FeelGasm, Jan 24, 2013.

1. In Reguards to a PC Grow size Op:

What lights are going to be the most sufficient (Given I am able to control the temperature)?
    1. CFL Lights
    2. LED Lights
    3. 400w MH conversion bulb for vegging
    4. 400w HPS for flowering
    5. any other specifics / ideas / wattages etc. you can think of.. I'm all ears..err eyes
    Also, any other very helpful tips in reguards to a very micro PC op. I would love to hear them!

2. Well cancel out 400w anything all together. You will have to go small cfl or led not only to in heat range but to save as much room for flower as possible. Led's ate okay, but really don't have much potential till you get over 100w (in my opinion) and most led application that are near or atleast 100w might not fit your case. There are a lot of DIY led panels. More actually in the reef/aquarium forums.

Seems every one has had decent results with 3 26w bulbs. I don't know if the 35w bulbs would fit. Run 2 6400k 1 2700k for veg and swap 2 for 1 opposite for flower if you want more full spectrum. Or just buy 3 flower and 3 vegg. Swap them when needed.

If this is suppose to be a stealth grow, and you haven't already started gutting or building a pc grow, look into a little larger cabinet, end table or small dresser. Way easier to hide fan and filter set ups. Unlike in a pc. Plus more room for plants a lights. Pc cases are always so restricted and I'm just not into making the grow more difficult but some love the pc set ups.