lighting question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dirt1227, Jan 12, 2013.

1. So i have a small ufo grow light and the light is a purple magenta color. Is this light the right color to grow? Or do i need a diferent light?

2. That light is perfect it's that color because they incorporate the red and blue spectrum at the same time

3. I also have another question on whats the best process to getting started......soil prep, seed prep,light cycles etc

4. Prep your soil. I used just straight fox farm ocean forest. Then germ your seed in an airtight container and keep it moist and warm. I started on a 24 hour light cycle but I use cfls

5. And what type of nutrients are better to use?

6. i bought maxi grow and maxi bloom by general hydroponics. its water soluble powder. i havent had to use it yet because of the fox farm ocean forest

7. Someone had mentioned something about using the same nutrients as tomatoes

8. Ive heard of ppl doing that but I haven't used nutes yet so idk how the tomato nutes work

9. In simple terms nutes are nutes and people have done studies on whether plants prefer synthetic nutes over organic nutes and from what I have read is they don't have a preference. Saying that personally and I am sure plenty of others will prefer to use organic and it is rumoured this will improve taste and burn so the choice is up to you. Personally I would suggest buying organic nutes for soil which are specifically made for cannabis.

10. Well for my first few try i wanna try to be a lil cheap....gotta atleast see if im able to do it lol