Lighting question - Quick ask

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Geefunk, May 15, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

care instructions
    Reflector bulb E14 Max 25W

Ok Im gonna build a stalth grow box for 1 or 2 plants and am going with CFLs.

[​IMG]

Box like above only 2x2x2 or 3x3x3 in size

Basically I want a string of CFL lights sort of like Christmas fairy lights in a strip that I can just tie up and down and plce where they are needed.

Im having dificulty finding lights that can be just plugged in so am thinking about getting say 5 or 6 of the lamps show above and replacing the bulbs with 25w CFLS to get around 125/150 W going on in my box

[​IMG]

Basically do other people think this would work and be safe/

If anyone has any links to hardware/DIY sites that sell similar products (in a dream world I would like a string of wires that run off 1 wall plug that has about 5 or 6 lamp heads to mount the bulbs in (like they have on building sites)

Again any help is much appreciated

Thankyou and sorry to ask again:D

2. if that lid is going to be closed then your going to need a way to get air in and out of there.

3. yeah thats right qz, it would cook in there quick without ventilation .... a couple fans, intake down low ... and exhaust up high. pc fans will work i think, and are quiet ... specially when 12v units are run at 9v.
    i've read a thread somewhere similar to this .... they bought some special white paint that sticks to plastic for excellent reflectivity ... wired in series 5 cfls (think about where the wire enters, so a hole can be drilled prior to terminating the connections), i think they cut a thin 1/4" piece of plywood the size of the top and fastened it inside .. with small bolts, nuts and washers.
    get a timer ....

and a low strain

enjoy the grow G :smoking:

4. I'd mount flouro tubes in the box. Seems like it'd take up less space.

5. Bump.

Yeah I was gonna put them computer fan things in the sides for a bit of venting.

Im still not sure about the lighting though. Would a 75/100watts HPS light be ok (ie not too hot/too weak to grow)

Would a security light work?

Im a it of an idiot when it comes to lighting so I think i might just go to my local hardware/DIY store and just say "I want a 75/100watts HPS light, you sell em?" or I need to rig up 5 x 40watt Fluros, how should I do it"

You think they will help me out?

6. Bump

I just saw this in another section of the forum and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how this would be wired because it is exactly how I want my set up to be like

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38414&d=1146924414

what wires would i need?

How would it be wired so that it can be plugged into the wall.

I want to get about 4-6 CFL bulbs in total

Any help is appreciated.
    Thankyou