Lighting On A Small Budget

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mstavi81, May 12, 2014.

1. so pretty soon im gonna be starting a indoor grow for about 4-5 plants. all autoflowers. Are there any lights out there that are under a 100 bucks that will produce a avg to above avg yield. Any advice is helpful.

2. Craigslist. You can get a 400 watt China hps for about 100 on eBay..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. @[member="mstavi81"] this is your best bet. I haven't found an HID light yet that's under $100 new. I'd say CL is where you should go. All the murderers kill their plants then give up and try to sell their gear on CL for cheap. You'll find great deals.

4. You can get new on eBay for 110 to 150 depending on reflector in combo.. Search "Apollo 400 watt" or "ipower 400 watt" on the bay. I don't work for either. I have used both in past for side projects and mothers and such. Decent. And you will get mh and hps bulbs. And new on top of that. Craigslist you can find some deals, but as we all know with craigslist, "barely used" means they probably used it already for a year at 12-18 hours a day. I'd go the cheap China route. The ballast will light better bulbs down the road. But use the cheap bulbs they give you for one round. The mh bulb they give you, use that to veg til that sucker burns out. I know I'm the one that suggested craigslist, but I suggest you use your better judgment always on the list. Better to buy through the bay with buyer protection and warranties!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thanks fellas. Also with 4-5 plants how much wattage should i have?

6. 100 watts for the first and 50 watts for every other plant you have in there. This is what I have read

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. 50w/sq ft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. MH loses light efficiency pretty quickly, so I would avoid buying those used

The initial cost of the light is just one part
    Be sure to also consider maintenance costs (bulbs)

Attached Files: