Lighting in the first week

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by A-Jay, May 21, 2004.

1. Soon I want to start my first grow but I'm still not sure about the lighting part in the first stage (when they sprout).

I read in several FAQ's that the first 2-7 days the plant should be shaded avoiding direct sunlight. Others tell me tot start off with a 24/7 light cycle...I'm confused now...What do you guys suggest?

I'm gonna start off wit (prolly 2x40watts) CFL's later to be replaced by a 400 watt HPS. THinking about 2-3 plants.

Any suggestions?

2. HIGH All, that's what I do if going outside to be planted..you want to harden them O.F.F.F. first.

This is when your starting your plants indoors and 24/7 (light stays on for 24hrs and for 7 days) isn't really nessasary...I just go 18/6 (18hrs on and 6hrs O.F.F.F.) and sometimes stay under the floro's for upto a month sometimes before going outside or in a room.

Perfect nothing wrong here..hope everything grows well for you.

3. Okay thats good to hear..just 18/6 straight untill flowering. I just wanna do my first grow K.I.S.S. and with minimal expenses.

No problem either to start off with 6 plants on 2x40watts so I can end up with 1-3 females? Or should I add one cfl? I'm thinking about using the cfl's along with HPS for support later on.

4. HIGH All, sure your ok with that...but hey more lights the better right.

K.I.S.S. only way.