1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

lighting HELP

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by emax420, Jan 19, 2004.

1. started our plants on a 12/12 cycle and have kept ever since, have been growing for about 3.5 weeks and have about 3-5 leaves on 10 different plants, should i just leave the 12/12 cycle for lighting or do i need to change it. if it is good at 12/12 and my plants, as said, are about 6-8 inches, should i jsut keep that cycle for about another month or so then do start to increase the dark period after about that 1-1.5 month? and can anyone give me a guesstimate of how much i might get from the 10 plants with the cycle that they are on, or the one you may suggest for me to use. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

2. i went and saw that 3 of my biggest had about 10 different leaves and the smallest had about 6... there are 6 under a 48 inc 40 watt and 4 under a 2 foot 40 watt

3. so i should change it to the 18/6 for now? how long until i change it back to the 12/12 since they have been on that for about 4 weeks?

4. If those plants are only 6-8 inches, unless you have a strain with genetic tendency for REALLY short internodal space, you should probably veg them until they're at least a foot tall. According to one of the grow guides I've read, you can sex them at about 8 inches, but I have had no luck with sexing plants that young, after 2 weeks of 12/12 light, which is more than enough time for a maturing plant to indicate its sex.

Speaking of.. time for a new topic...with attachments >:D

5. does anyone know if the plants are going to be affected if we started them in the 12/12 for 3.5 weeks

6. so when you say 18/6 that is 18 hours a day and for 6 days a week? what time of the day do you start the 18 hrs and how much light on the 7th day?

7. o my. you young guns need to read up a lil :) 18/6 would equal 18 hrs of light 6 hours of darkness. 24/7 is what it is 24/7. some people have different preferences for how they veg. i myself, and i cant speak for all, follow this schedule. 24/7 for the first 2 weeks. 18/6 for the remaining 3-6 weeks of veg and then 12/12 for the flowering period.

as far as you starting your plants at 12/12, i dont see why it should be a problem. im surprised you havent stretched out for being the size they are, but then again that could be a good thing!

the benifit of you going 12/12 during the period will def show you sex, rather than you having to put them at 12/12 to determine.

8. Just for reference, DjViP, 24/7 and 24/0 are the same thing... light all the time. I like to say 24/0 because I don't want to confuse any newbies and have them actually try 24 hours of light, 7 hours of dark or anything like that.. that would be an absurdly hard schedule to keep up ;)

Grasscity Deals Near You