Lighting help!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by robbiefbhh, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Is a125 watt 6500k

And a 125 watt 2600k
    Going to be enough light to veg and flower!

2. Cfl light

And a dwc grow

3. a 125w CFL light up 1 square foot very nicely, but you can get away with lighting up 2 square feet

I use 125w cfls to light up 1'x2' area and get a couple of oz per lamp

4. I cant fit another 125 watt but should i put a couple smaller cfl's vertical

5. what size is the area your trying to light up? 60watts per square foot of canopy is about minimum really. you can use less but it's not ideal

6. Its like 5 feet tall 3 1/2 feet wide and like 1 1/2 feet deep

7. four 125w cfls would be good in there but you could have three, or even two at a push. however one 125w will not be enough, your simply wouldn't be giving enough light all the plants, only the ones directly under the lamp would do ok

8. do you have both of the 125w CFLs running together at the same time?

9. I only have one 125 watt cfl

10. I dont have any room for more than one

11. the plants being grown directly below the lamp will do fine, but plants at the far ends will not do well, they are simply too far away from the lamp

CFLs produce a low intensity light so its very important to have the plants around 1-4" away from the lamps. because of this ScrOG method works very well. it allows you to veg longer, get your canopy completely filled and keep your canopy even.

12. you have a canopy area of 1.5' x 3.5', how come you only have enough room for one lamp? you should easily fit 4 in there

13. No only one

14. Hey i just got back from home depot and i bought 4 100 watt cfl and 4 clamp lamps i should be fine with that right

15. sounds like a plan. using reflectors practically doubles the light the plants get from your lamps so are well worth doing if you can