Lighting during flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kanvict, Dec 10, 2013.

1. I've read when switching from Veg to flowering, it's a good idea to put your plant under 36 hours of straight darkness and THEN start the 12/12 cycle ... up until the last 2 weeks when you want to switch it up to either 14/10 or 16/8 (14 hours of darkness and 16 hours of darkness).

What do you guys think? Keep it at 12/12 throughout, or switch to more darkness during the last two weeks of flower? I'm thinking I'm going to go with 16/8 in the last two weeks (or 14/10). What do you guys think?

2. You will get a variety of opinions on this. Hard evidence is lacking as to which approach may be better, just know that any of the approaches you are considering will work.

3. #3 snoopdog6502, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    Veg 18/6
    flower 12/12

This is my personal opinion but I try to give plants as much time under the lights as possible during flowering.
    An indica should flower well with 13/11 but then you run the risk of more leafy buds.

I

4. The 14/10 I read was from a video in another thread about actual farmers that cultivate some of the best marijuana around. They highly recommend switching to 14/10 to get awesome yields and more THCSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app