Lighting dilema w/ mspaint diagram

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by wat.jpg, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Well I think im going to be growing for the first time in the up and coming months, ive done a bunch of research and I think im ready to try some simpler and easier plants to grow...After I decided to grow, I needed to now find out where..There is a 4 foot(if not bigger) dresser in my closet that I would use for the grow chamber...well at work, my boss decided to go through some stuff and throw out things, one of those things were 2 perfect condition fluro tubes..I asked for them and he gave it to me...the only problem is that tubes are about 4 inches to wide to use...so I was wondering if i could use them in a vertical position to grow them, and maybe add 2 fluros on the top later on in the grow??

i will only be growing 4 plants at first, and from there i hope to get atleast 2 girls, and go through with them..if i get more then 2 girls, ill just keep the best ones or maybe grow them all...but here is the picture of what im talking about

[​IMG]

(not drawn to scale)

2. Dude.......Dude.....Dude...not dog-en on ur knowledge......but do you even know the spectrum on those things let along the wattage????not only that u cant grow vertical...well u can but not very well...florescence's have crapy lumen output so u need something reflecting the crap out of them ......Go here and look at some florescent fixtures http://www.insidesun.com/9875011c9f82465670cae9fae91da4c8.dept.......now just incase u were wondering the amout of light u need directly corolates with your grow area......so a
    3x3x? will need a 250 watt system
    4x4x? will need a 400 watt system
    5x5x? will need a 600 watt system...and so on and so foruth...now for florescents 4-5......54 watt 6,400k tubes will do you nice for veg....and 4-5 3,000k tubes for flowing maybe 3-4 plants.....hoped this helped