Lighting/cooling/smell question new setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Do Work, Aug 19, 2011.

1. So I'm setting up a new grow and have some questions being how can I best do this to make it work and will it work as I vision it. As I've pulled several very succesful grows off so far the questions I have are more advanced and not really grow related, but more setup related so here goes:

I am buying two new 600 watt HPS lights from htgsupply. I plan on having about a 4x8 area for these two lights. I want to have a semi sealed area, meaning I plan on hanging panda film to create the 4x8 area but it will not be entirely sealed more just for reflection and keeping light out.

What I want to do is buy air coolable hoods to sort of chain them together with inline fans and ducting and pull the air through the lights and out of the entire area into the outside room. I plan on buying 2 6-inch euro hoods and 2 6 inch inline fans, and use in conjunction with my 4 inch high velocity fan with filter combo. As seen here:

HTG Supply - Euro Reflector
    HTG Supply - 6" Inline Duct Fan
    HTG Supply - GrowBright 4 Tall Boy Fan & Carbon Filter Combo | Fan Filter combo

So looking at those three I would have one inline fan / light pulling from the hood, having the two hoods attached with some ducting, and then on the second hood the same inline fan pulling through, and then having the big 4in fan with scrubber at the end blowing out of the grow area (I would buy a 6 inch to 4 inch converter to make it fit).

The questions I have are 1) would this setup work properly to keep the heat out AND would it be enough exchange to keep the plants happy? 2) would this setup keep the smell out. Is that a strong enough setup to properly scrub the air?

I know this is a lot to ask just looking for some insight. Please let me know what you think!

2. I have 6 1000w lights that are vented in a sealed room. To keep the heat out I ducted from outside coming in the room to the lights, through the lights and ducted out. I have severe over kill by having a 6" vortex fan pulling each one and then out of the room. No need for a filter as the air through the lights is never in the room. But to answer your question, that seems like it would work.

3. So as far as the filter goes then, I would probably need to run the filter unattached to the system then to keep the smells away. I was afraid of that.

4. New question then: Would three of those inline fans there be enough to get the heat from the 2 600's out if I was just going to use my can fan for smells. Essentially just using a third inline side by side the can fan for two exhausts. Any experience with that?

5. What if you pulled the seal off one of your lights making that the intake so you can still have your scrubber hooked up all on the same line? IDK much about sealed units but the Hydro store by me has a display that's set up that way. . . .just an idea. . .

6. just have your filter outside the tent....works just as good..i have 10 jack herer's in a 5x5x7 tent and no smell at all in my garage...