Lighting concerns. 10 26W CFL

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Everyday_Thang, Sep 7, 2009.

1. YO. so i think some of my plants are showing different signs of heat/light stress.

I have all 6 of my plants in a small grow box in my closet. I use 8 26W 2600k CFL, and 2 26W higher spectrum CFL.

my lights are configured with pretty good spacing.

2 of my plants which are most likely indica are showing drooping leaves that are more curled inward and down.

3 of my other plants are suffering different degrees of dried brow spots. I have trimmed them to different degrees, my biggest is doing fine, but the other two are working on thier 3rd nodes, and are taller than the rest.

today is day 16 from germination, my biggest has its 5th node out.

I was considering some LST....

what should i do? my reflective surface is foil, and i can just switch it to the flat white on the boards. I had my lights about 4-6, but now i keeping them about twice as far. 8-12 inches. I have alot of lights considering how big they are.

should i keep all 10, or less?

2. You are gonna want to switch out the 2600k bulbs with 5000k, or higher. "Daylight" CFL's are for vegetative growth. Break out the 2600k(yellow emitted light) bulbs when its time to flower. You want atleast 100w per plant once they are bigger, so more light is always better.